List Your Favorite Cowash Here...

Aussie Moist Conditioner is my favorite conditioner for co-washing but I use others as well, including deep conditioners that I'm trying to quickly use up. For example, I'm using up a tub of Mizani Moisturefuse as a co-wash conditioner right now because it just seems to sit on my hair and not penetrate it at all. So what good is it to me as a deep conditioner?

I also use some of my other rinse out conditioners as a cowash as well including Pureology smoothing conditioner and most of my Redken conditioners, Biolage conditioners (but not the Deep Conditioning Masks in these lines).

ETA: I don't have any co-cleansing conditioners in my stash since I still use shampoo, mostly sulfate-free though.

The good old cheapie: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner. I just saw a 30 oz bottle of it at Target for like $2.5o, which makes it even better. This stuff is a holy grail! It works amazing for my relaxed hair, my natural hair, my weaves (straight, curly, wavy, kinky, etc.) can't go wrong with that
Yes! This one and daily clarifying conditioner are both good ones.

You know when I washed out my henna last night I discovered something with my hair. I decided to mix some aloe vera juice with my conditioner to wash it out, and to my amazement, the tangles literally melted and I was able to detangle with very little effort.

Hmm, this just might work all the time moving forward. I may need to keep 2 liters of AVJ or AVG on hand at all times. I know I will go through them pretty quick if I'm using them for detangling.

The Pantene Truly Natural Co-Wash is life. Detangles effortlessly with great slip, rinses clean and leaves the hair very soft and moisturized feeling.
I also like the ORS Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Conditioner as a co-wash. The slip on this product was unbelievable and it made the hair soft and rather clean-feeling. I just hate that it is in a jar and hate that it is pricey

I picked up the Shea Moisture Professional Line cowash and am planning to pick up Jane Carters and As I Am if I find them today at the BSS.

The curl junkie is def on my list.

The best I've ever tried is

Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I havent found anything to compare to how my hair feels after using this.
I do like this one. But that sucker was hard to squeeze out of the bottle. I think the plastic is too rigid or something if I'm remembering correctly.

I rarely cowash, but when I do I use the Kerastase Therapiste prepoo. It hss great slip and it stops breakage in its tracks. Once I airdry my hair is super soft and shiny.

Back