Lisa Akbari

Vanessa22

Has anyone read The Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful Hair by Lisa Akbari? I recently read this and thought it was so helpful. I've gained a lot of information on this board, but she was able to clarify a few things, also. I'd love to hear what you ladies think, as always!
wink.gif

I am currently reading the book. Everything in the book I found myself doing on my own. I will keep reading to gather info that maybe this forum has not covered.

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon said:
Her book is pretty good, but boy did she dwell on the scalp.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she does. Her business is here in Memphis. I have made (and cancelled) several appointments with her because 50.00 for a scalp analysis is a little too much for me right now. She performed a free hair strand analysis on my hair that was very informative. From those who have visited her business, they said that she applies certain water pressures on the scalp,to cleanse it and stimulate hair growth.

I really like her book. I usually read books before I buy them, to figure out if I really want them in my library or not. Hers was one I read and then went right out and purchased. I like how she describes her hair and scalp-cleansing processes in detail.

Back