Liquid leave-ins that have moisture AND protein?

Miss AJ

I don't mind mixing my Aussie Hair Insurance and Aphogee Pro-Vitamin but are there any moisture/protein balanced liquid leave-ins out there?

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that there is NO difference between all the different "formulas" of Infusium 23 products? And of all the ingredients I was able to sound out perfectly, the only protein I saw was panthenol, but panthenol is already in most moisturizing leave-ins so what is all the rave with Infusium?

I think Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1 may fit the bill - to name a few things, on the moisture side, water is first ingredient and it has panthenol. For protein, it lists vegetable protein. Tiffers posted the ingredients last year; I've copied/pasted below:

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PEG-47 Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polysorbate-60, Triethanolamine, Acetimide AME, Hydrolized Vegetable Protein, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Menthol, Panthenol DL, Jojoba Oil, Anjelica Root Extract, Articum Lappa Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Nettle Extract, Oatmeal Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothizolinone, Fragrance

I wanted to try the 14 in 1, but mineral oil is listed third and I have a reggie that my hair is loving with NTM Triple Moisture as a leave-in, and I'm cutting the PJism, so I'm gonna leave it on the shelf for now. HTH!

I've got a near full botlle of Hawaiian Silky plus 1/4 of a bottle that LaurynDoll gave me. I was using it when it was warmer but it's got glycerin too high in the ingredient list for the weather we're having now (New Mexico can't decide if it wants to be cold or hot this time of year).

Fermodyl was my recommendation also.

ETA: It costs around $7 for three ampules, but I usually open one at a time and transfer the contents for a travel size spray bottle. I can get three uses out of one tube this way.

Last edited:
I have been using CHI Keratin Mist for about a month and I like it. Here is the ingredient list:

Rose Water, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Silk Amino Acids, Acetamide MEA, Lactamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane, Lauryl Pyrolidone, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Nettle, Chamomile Extract, Algae, Aloe Vera, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Perfume, FD&C Yellow, D&C Red 33, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder

Aphogee Keratin and green tea spray works well for me.

And as far as strengthning leave ins go Infusium 23 still rocks my socks.

Mmm, I'll pass on the Fermodyl. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to applying products and I'll have that stuff used up quick and can't afford to be restocking expensive stuff frequently.

Back