Limos and Transportation

Menina Preta

Just started to price limos and was wondering how much you paid? And what to look out for in terms of contract? And how far out did you book your limos?

Also, for guests staying at our wedding hotel, did you provide a shuttle for them? If so, about how much did it cost and what did you outline in the contract?

And lastly, did you have a limo for the bride and bridesmaids and another limo for the groom and groomsmen? To save money, I'm thinking the groom and groomsmen should just come in a regular car and then join us after the ceremony in the limo. lol :look:

I have a few more questions.

1 Depends on where you live and when you're getting married (April/May is also prom season but there are other high holiday weekends that are city specific. Check wedding boards for tips from brides in your area.

2 Is this a destination wedding? Do you have a large percentage of guests staying at hotel? Are these friends that will rent cars or older relatives that warrant the extra effort of arranging shuttle? If wedding is in your hometown and a good chunk is grooms family then shuttle would be worth it.

Another consideration are you having open bar?

3. What is plan for bridal party? Are you taking pictures before ceremony or afterwards before reception? Are you dressing at hotel? If groom is getting dressed at hotel where you will end back up? Depending on how big bridal party is you may need more than one car & you have to take into account if groomsmen drive to church/ceremony then they have to drive afterwards (or if they are married/have gf now the partner needs way to get to church).

Also what about your parents? Are they riding with you to ceremony? Grooms parents?

Just trying to get idea of what you need before I make suggestions.

I have a few more questions.

1 Depends on where you live and when you're getting married (April/May is also prom season but there are other high holiday weekends that are city specific. Check wedding boards for tips from brides in your area.

2 Is this a destination wedding? Do you have a large percentage of guests staying at hotel? Are these friends that will rent cars or older relatives that warrant the extra effort of arranging shuttle? If wedding is in your hometown and a good chunk is grooms family then shuttle would be worth it.

Another consideration are you having open bar?

3. What is plan for bridal party? Are you taking pictures before ceremony or afterwards before reception? Are you dressing at hotel? If groom is getting dressed at hotel where you will end back up? Depending on how big bridal party is you may need more than one car & you have to take into account if groomsmen drive to church/ceremony then they have to drive afterwards (or if they are married/have gf now the partner needs way to get to church).

Also what about your parents? Are they riding with you to ceremony? Grooms parents?

Just trying to get idea of what you need before I make suggestions.

I'm in the Northeast and getting married in late Sept. The wedding is in our home city but some of our friends and family are out of towners and knowing the public transportation system on the weekends, folks without car would have a difficult or expensive time getting to the ceremony and reception site. And ya, we are def having an open bar.

Plan for bridal party so far is for the women to dress at a hotel and for the men to come dressed and meet FH at our apt and then head to church via a car service (not a limo). I then think the entire bridal party should go in the limo to the reception site. I wanted to take bridal party pictures before the ceremony but not sure if that's feasible as FH wants to see me the first time I walk down the aisle. Parents are finding their own way to the church.

Thanks so much for your help!

If hotel has shuttle to get people back and forth from airport then if it's feasible it would be nice to get shuttle for your guests. Depending on what hotel has available see if guests can use hotel shuttle to get to ceremony and your rented one will carry guests from church to reception then reception to hotel. If hotel has reliable shuttle that can bring guests from reception you may only need a van to get guests from church to reception. If you decide to supplement using hotel shuttle make sure nothing else is going on that would tie up use (like a local conference or sports event). Some hotel shuttles only do one way trip to or from hotel so guests couldn't call to get from church to reception. I wouldn't go into debt but if it's possible it would be nice to arrange given how much they are already spending on hotel and travel.

If you are seeing each other for the first time "at the altar" you may appreciate having some alone time in a separate car leaving the church while the rest of bridal party (with groomsmen) ride limo after ceremony to reception. If you do that then make sure they have a way to get home afterwards (either shuttle back to hotel or car service). Let limo go after arriving to reception and car can be kept to take bride and groom away from reception.

Make sure you have coordinator bring some of the cocktail hour food to you so you can eat before the reception starts. Family/guests will be pulling on you to take pictures and give congrats. You don't want to pass out from not eating. Hope this helps. Pm if you have any questions you don't want to post.

Back