Light Proteins vs Heavy Proteins

Hmmm... I might try this now. When I was relaxed, I used nexus emergencee about every 10 days or once every 1.5 months if weaved and my hair flourished. But I tried using it weekly on my natural, fine, [used to seem] fragile 4a/4b strands and my hair was NOT having it.

It finally got fed up and just tangled into a huge ball that I just up and cut (like a crazy woman, hysterical laughter and all ;) ). Up until that wash, I thought it was all good in the hoos.

Not exactly sure what your hair is like, but it might be something to think about since 2 step is so hard. I did use 2 min for about two months every 7 - 10 days with no problems. Then I got lazy.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I heard that Nexxus reformulated their products, particulary Emergencee. Is that true?

EtherealEnigma I am 4a/b (guessing) natural .

vtoodler yes emergencee was reformulated here were the old ingredients

Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

But like IDareT'sHair stated its still a very good product.

I use a light protein (nexxus emergencee) every week. I do own aphogee 2step but I've never used it. I keep it around just in case my hair become damaged or feels weaker than usual.

The only time I really hear of people using hard protein is when they are suffering from excessive breakage of after a chemical treatment.
LuvlyRain3, Emergencee is considered a light protein?

I would definitely place it in the light protein category. Its nowhere near as strong as aphogee 2 step. I've never used 2step myself but I've used both treatments on my little sister.

I used Aphogee 2 Minute its wonderful. I refuse to use the 2 step though. When I hear 2 Step I think tripled process hair thats falling out all over the place. My hair is pretty healthy but I do have the occasional breakage phase so I think this is more appropriate. I just recently used a new protein and it was THE BUSINESS! I could tell the active ingredient is strong because when I opened it my eyes got the feeling that they would as if they were onions being chopped. And it tingles as well. For an hour to be exact; which is the precise time you should leave it on. Here it is here: http://mmproducts.com/sofnfreegrohe...+Olive+Oil+Really+Deep+Conditioning+Treatment

I use a light protein for normal use every once in a while. I only use the Aphogee 2 Step if I feel like my hair is in dire need of protein (which is VERY rare).

I also recommend the Aphogee 2 Step to friends who are suffering from heat damage as their last resort. My last friend was singing praises to me when her curls reverted back after using the Aphogee 2 Step.

to my relaxed heads:

how do you use protein on relax days??? I'm thinking of adding a protein treatment into my relax process but dk any good ways to go about it...Your thoughts??

Back