light protein & deep conditioning

loveafterwar

Any relaxed ladies do a light protein treatment or deep condition weekly? I use aphogee and did a treatment last weekend because I did a corrective relaxer. I wash weekly so I was thinking of doing this on my wash days.

My hair LOVES protein and I cowash almost daily and which gives it tons of moisture. So I use Nexxus Emergencee weekly. I DC weekly anyway. When I'm co washing a lot and don't use protein on the regular I get a little bit of breakage because of all the moisture. The only lighter protein I'll use is ORS Replenishng Pak Conditioner, otherwise I use the heavier stuff. My hair can handle it and it's easier to gauge how much my hair is affected that way.

I used to do a light protein dc once a week, but moved to bi-weekly when I felt my breakage was under control. I use Motions CPR.

Sent from my SGPT12 using LHCF

i do! i use ORS Replenishing Conditioner (a light protein DC) at least once a week. it is somewhat inexpensive, easily accessible (in most drugstores), and light enough not to make my hair hard but leave it feeling simultaneously strong and moisturized. plus it smells like citrus :grin: hope that helps!

I do a medium protein at least 1x per week. I rotate Mirpur Soy Cholesterol / Aphogee 2 Minute / Lustrasilk Keratin mixed with egg white or a few drops of hydrolyzed protein.

Just two days ago I mixed some Mirpur (which can be rinsed out or left in) with Elasta Mango Butter as a midweek step between my washes, and smoothed on after my moisturizing spritz. Big thumbs up! Sealed with my usual oil mix, gonna make this a regi staple.

Back