Light or heavy protein treatment.....

tniccoleh

the wash before a touch-up? I will be getting a touch-up soon and want to strengthen my hair before it. I am still a :newbie: so I'm trying to get my protein/moisture balance straight. I'm still having a little bit of breakage and I'm trying to get that under control before the touch up. Any suggestions? TIA!

I do a light protein treatment (Aphogee) 2 weeks after a touch up and 2 weeks before a touch up.

It takes a while for me to get the moisture balance back after the light protein treatment. My hair feels like wet tangled rope after a protein treatment, but it is something I need to do.

I never experience any breaking.

I do a 2-min ApHogee treatment a week before my touch-up. During the touch-up in-between rinsing out the relaxer and neutralizing I use Jheri Redding 100% Natural Protein. Then, two weeks after I do a hard ApHogee treatment. After that I continue with 2-min ApHogee treatments every two weeks. So far so good!

i do a heavy one the week before my touch up and a light/moderate one the day of my touch up. it's been about 6 weeks and i havent used any protein treatments since. and i dont have much breakage.

Back