LHCF weigh in!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
What is your favorite thing about washing your hair?

What do you like about conditioning?

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general?

Please weigh in :yep:.

As a bonus name your fave products :lol:.

My hair responds very well to cowashing, even though I've tried some great shampoos. I like conditioners and cleansing conditioners that foam.

I love deep conditioning, especially with heat. I like the way the heat feels on my head.

I like the density of my hair. Not too thick, not too thin.

I have more DCs in my stash than anything else. My favorites right now are Curl Junkie Rehab, BASK Vanilla Whisky, and SSI Okra Reconstructor.

My favorite cleansers are the Giovanni TTTT Condish and the SSI Cowash.

I also like to use the Purification Mask as a detoxing cowash as well.

Last edited:

As a bonus name your fave products

My favorite thing about washing my hair is pre pooing and dcing.

I love to steam and how soft my hair feels during and after I'm done steam with my dc'er.

My favorite thing about my hair will be the length lol. Though, I am stuck at whether or not I am mid back length or damn near waist length...idk... I'm just happy either way!

My top hair products would be tresemme naturals...both shampoo and conditioner. I think I will replace that with the shea moisture manuka honey & mafura oil shampoo and conditioner. (By the way if you live by me in northern NJ target in clifton has the whole line and plenty of it. Don't bother with Target of Hackensack and Paramus...save gas)

My favorite deep conditioners are curl junkie repair me, jessicurl deep treatment

Favorite thing about wash is my feeling of a clean scalp.

Favorite thing about conditioning is seeing my curls pop after rinsing. It's my way of know the condition of my hair overall.

Favorite thing about my hair is its thickness and density.

Favorite products: Oyin Hair Dew, SM Purification Masque, Aphoghee 2 Min Reconstructor

Favorite thing about washing my hair is cleansing my scalp. I must wash my hair twice a week with shampoo because I have an oily scalp.
I love it when a conditioner has a lot of slip. It saves me so much time when I go to style my hair later. Bonus points if it has a fuity, tropical smell! My favorites are aussie moist 3 minute miracle and the SM Manuka Honey DC.
My favorite thing about my hair is its curl pattern. I love having small coily-qs. Sure they're a pain in the butt some times (especially when Im due for a trim) but they're worth the extra time.

I love massaging my scalp. I also like the softness I get after a fresh wash.

I like the slip and strength I get from conditioning. A good dc gives me shine too.

I love my kinky texture. My hair can hold any style (even straight styles). I especially like my buns, because they are big and fluffy :yep:

My faves: Evoo, argan oil, Hello Hydration (as a leave in), Keracare detangling shampoo, Keracare Humecto, Neutrogena silk touch cream

The fresh hair feeling and getting out all the shed hair
The scent and rich feeling of those creamy concoctions!
I love my texture and how healthy it feels.

Oyin Hair Dew
Oyin Whipped Pudding
Eden Bodyworks leave in conditioner
Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Butter
Loreal Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream
Curl Junkie Repair Me
B.A.S.K. Cacao Bark Deep Conditioning Hair Treat

Last edited:
What is your favorite thing about washing your hair? Getting my scalp and hair clean. My scalp gets angry if it gets buildup.

What do you like about conditioning? The way it makes my hair feel soft, moisturized, manageable, and strong. Conditioning really brings out the best in my hair.

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? If I had to say one thing, it would be my hair's resilience. I have done some crazy things to my hair in the past, but it is still on my head.

BASK DCs
Jessicurl Too Shea
SM Purification Mask
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in
Camille Rose JAI Twist Butter
APB Pumpkin and Fennel oil
Distilled Water

I actually don't like washing my hair

I LOVE the feeling of slip on my hair and the scent of the product. I look forward to it actually

the versatility

:lick::lick:
PuraBody chocolate smoothie
anything coconut - asiam coconut cowash, edenbodyworks line
Oyin burn sugar pomade

I LOVE washing my hair. Particularly using a good cleansing poo and then following up with a yummy moisturizing conditioner. I feel like my scalp is clean and moisturized. I also like applying my Emergencee mixed with protein filler- I get to see all my kinks and curls pop and when I wash it out it feels so good! My favorite part of handling my hair is washing it !

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair? Since I'm transitioning, getting to see my curlies come out for a little while

What do you like about conditioning? The softness I gain from conditioning

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? Its feel and resilency

As a bonus name your fave products. Favorite wash day products are APB Ayurvedic Oil, HV Vatika Frosting, Aquaphor Baby Shampoo, BRB Cocoa Rhassoul Mask, APB Leave-In Sprays, Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls LI, Jason Vitamin E Oil, CHI Keratin Silk Infusion

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair?: It's relaxing. I feel like I'm taking care of it. I like dcing the best and applying conditioner.

What do you like about conditioning? How soft it makes my hair feel.

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general?:

As a bonus name your fave products :lol: SD Vanilla Silk, SD Razz, APB creams and leave in sprays, APB Moisturizing Condish, APB Pomade, Pomade Shop Pomades, Bee Mine Luscious, Liquid Gold whipped butters, SSI Riche, SSI Cutie Pie Leave in, Soultanicals Knot Sauce & Knot Butter, My Honey Child Buttery Soy Hair Cream, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo, Komaza Protein Strengthener, Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin, Oyin Hair Dew, :look: *in Lil Kim voice* Shall I proceed???

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair? I enjoy washing with water, co washing and washing with shampoo. As long as I get warm water in my hair. My hair is like steel and needs water not sprinkles of water but water from the shower. I do not wash my hair for long periods of time as I do not want breakage. I use the time to massage my scalp for about 1-4 minutes max which is enough. My hair melts very well under the warm water and stays soft all day. It enables me not to have to use so many products. My scalp is clean. My hair smells clean. My skin is a lot clearer when my scalp is clean. My natural sebum is apparent so I don't need to use oil on my hair anymore like when I was a natural in the past.

What do you like about conditioning? I like how it reacts very well with the warm water. But I don't over condition or condition over night. I only condition for about 10-15 minutes.

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? Even though my hair short and is now about one inch it feels very soft and has a nice kinky coily thing going on.

As a bonus name your fave products.My favourite products: Dr. Bonner's mild unscented shampoo when I shampoo once a week. Macadamia Conditioner for co washing daily but I only use a small amount. Organics Hair Mayonnaise for my conditioner when I shampoo. My leave in Kinky Curly Knot Today diluted heavily with water for detangling right out of the shower with my resin comb to bring out the waves and coils and, if I need to make my waves and curlies pop I will use the Kinky Curly Knot Today Curling Custard when my hair is still very wet after the detangling and then I do not touch my hair at all or else my hair will frizz. I am happy with my regiment.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
Water running from my scalp down; feeling refreshed from head to toe

How moisturized and luscious my hair is when I wash it out.

I love how it looks. Whether it is in a bun or down, I just love the way it looks and suits my features.

Store bought:
1) Aussie 3 Min is my detangling guru. Love it.
2) Lily of Desert Aloe Gelly. it is the only thing I use to smooth down frizz. It does not harden and adds so much shine. Cannot live without it.

Homemade:
1) My co-cleanser. Love it so much. My recipe is on Susan's blog for anyone that wants to try making it themselves:http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.ca/2014/07/one-ingredient-ten-products-incroquat_3.html
2) My leave-in cream: oil-free and the best thing I have ever used. Keeps my hair soft and moist for days with no greasy residue.
3) my deep conditioner: the perfect balance of moisture and strengthening for my deep conditioning sessions.

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair?: It's relaxing. I feel like I'm taking care of it. I like dcing the best and applying conditioner.

What do you like about conditioning? How soft it makes my hair feel.

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general?:

As a bonus name your fave products :lol: SD Vanilla Silk, SD Razz, APB creams and leave in sprays, APB Moisturizing Condish, APB Pomade, Pomade Shop Pomades, Bee Mine Luscious, Liquid Gold whipped butters, SSI Riche, SSI Cutie Pie Leave in, Soultanicals Knot Sauce & Knot Butter, My Honey Child Buttery Soy Hair Cream, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo, Komaza Protein Strengthener, Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin, Oyin Hair Dew, :look: *in Lil Kim voice* Shall I proceed???

Froreal3

Lmao, :lachen:, I love it!

Last edited:
• The sensation of being absolutely drenched, fresh & clean from head to toe!

•The juicy heaviness my hair has while soaked with conditioner. The way my curls soften, clump & define themselves the longer it sits.

•Its fullness, texture & versatility. How beautiful I feel tugging it, styling it, watching it growing from my body into a unique masterpiece that compliments me perfectly.

As a bonus name your fave products :
•Dr. Bronner's almond Castile soap
•Everyday Shea vanilla mint conditioner
•AO GPB
•ACV
•evoo
•castor oil
•flaxseed gel

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

feels refreshed

feels refreshed and soft

The thickness/volume.

fav shampoo: shea moisture's raw shea shampoo, deep conditioner: joico moisture recovery balm, and leave in giovanni direct leave in

fav oils: coconut, grapeseed, and castor.

And technically not a hair product but shea butter lotion. is a good sealant.

-I HATE my hair on hectic wash days and there is nothing fun about it.
-On good days, I love the feeling of soft hair.

-I love trying out new conditioners to see the impact on my hair.

-I feel blessed to have a relatively healthy head of hair where I'm not struggling with hair loss or thinning.

As a bonus name your fave products?
I love many products so I'll list my favorite vendors: Bee Mine, Annabelle's Perfect Blends, Naturelle Grow & HairVeda

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair? Clean scalp? I actually hate washing my hair. Its a hassle and I dont even do as much as some ladies. Compared to others my wash days are quite simple. But I still hate it.

What do you like about conditioning? How soft my hair feels after

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? I like when she's behaving :yep:

As a bonus name your fave products :lol:. SM curl enhancing smoothie is one of my current favs. My hair is really like cantu leave in right now. I also love Aussie moist shampoo and cond.

Love playing in the curlies :yep: I'm so used to my hair being in a braided style (just came out of a very long transition) so I hardly ever get to see my actual pattern, until wash day. I still take longer than I should washing the hair just because I love looking at it and playing with it. I have mirrors all over my shower walls, lol. /vain

Getting rid of shed hair. :lol: I don't rinse out my condish, so this is one of the final steps for me.

It's low maintenance, doesn't tangle much, doesn't need regular trimming, doesn't break too easily, not sensitive to heat.

I only use a few products on the regular:
Yes to Carrots poo
Jane Carter Nutrient Replenish condish
Karethic Smooth Hair Balm (Baume Capillaire Fondant Karite)

The last product is new-ish as I had to replace my Komaza sealant, their international shipping prices aren't worth a dime. I also made about a cup of flaxseed gel which I'm really liking.

I love the feeling of clean hair. When I massage shampoo into my scalp, I feel like a million bucks

Oo. A good conditioner turns the beast into a timid kitten. My hair goes from being frizzy and tangly, to smooth and soft. The curls and waves at my hairline start to peek out. And my perpetually wack patch in the crown becomes friendly again

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? I like how it varies by the section youre in. Curls here, kinks there, waves over here, coils up there, and a bit of wtf mixed in everywhere. I also like that I can clearly see in my relatives hair where my textures come from. And I know I never had a chance to be all one texture!

As a bonus name your fave products :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Lately ive been hooked on Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil shampoo and DC and camellia oil

I like how straight my hair lays down as the shower water runs down my freshly shampooed/conditioned hair. And how it turns back into my popped out curls after.

I like the manageability from dc softening, which I can easily style my hair.

My absolute favorite thing about my hair is it's thick curly state. When I want a change I can flat iron and get compliments how long it looks.

I love how a good wash day resets my hair. I love the moisture and slip I get after a good dc.

My favorite products: Ion Healthy Scalp shampoo, any Kerastase mask, aloe vera juice mixed with leave in conditioner

What is your favorite thing about washing your hair? Just running my fingers thru it; feeling the length and texture; the anticipation of some fresh, poppin' curls.

What do you like about conditioning? How my hair responds; moisturizes and curls right up.

What is your favorite thing about your hair in general? My ever-developing curl pattern.

Fav products: Sodium bentonite clay, Terressentials Hair Wash, Tresemme Naturals conditioners, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, DevaCurl's Decadence line & Light Defining Gel & Heaven In Hair, Kinky Curly Knot Today & Curling Custard, coconut water, aloe vera juice, green tea, DIY flax seed gel, DIY soap nut shampoo.

I'm transitioning right now so I like seeing my curl pattern and touching the coils and seeing how much shrinkage I have. :)

I like the rinse out process actually. My hair feels soft and strong and I can run my hands through it easily. Love it!

Hmmmm...I guess I like the color a lot, it's a really dark brown and I think it suits me a lot. :)

I like the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In and my Mane and Tail Detangler. Can't live without the latter lol.

Back