Lhcf Rehab

JJamiah

For the life of me, I can't help myself.

I am a makeup addict, nail addict, hair addict and a stone cold product junky.

I need help. I need to put my card on a hiatus. I am thinking 6 months for now. That would work. I am going to get my gas card from Costco and let my card have some rest time. Anything I need must be bought in cash. I need to use what I have in my house. Literally I have been giving away things like I am the free market. 2016 is going to be a bumpy ride for me. I did well with no hair shopping last year, and really for the life of this year. Yet, makeup took the place of that addiction. One day at a time. :)

Aww, @JJamiah, I have the same problem as you. One minute I get the hair part under a little control but another obsession consumes me and vice versa. I can't seem to get away from it all. I'll probably join you in a hiatus next year as well because I still haven't gotten all my hair products for this year as yet. I'm good with skincare products for now...I think:rolleyes:

:) awesome... How are you doing? :)
I know the feeling. My husband, who I've known for 20 years.. married to him over 12 years, has FINALLY started to cringe. He sighs and now comments about my shopping. SO... I know I need to get it in order.
@Aggie

I have enough skin care, hair care, makeup ( I will be taking advantage of one vendor for the holiday), and nail supplies to last me a while..

Makeup is building
Hair care: 3 years
Makeup: 1 year
Skincare: 3 years
nail care: 3 years

I am a 3 year fixer.. LOL

Don't be so hard on yourself! You are supposed to like new make up and hair products and other beauty products. It's a fun part of being a woman. Why not make a monthly beauty budget instead of going cold turkey? Maybe set aside $75 or $100 a month... or whatever your situation allows.

You can maybe find a way to sell the old stuff? Continue to give away or donate what you dont want and keep the rest in a stash.

I like you @Bunnyhaslonghair .... I am going to try that at the start of the year. I think I can set aside $100 at the months start and if I need something it is there. It won't overlap though. I am trying to cut my impulse. I know that I am a comfort shopper. When I am stressed about something I comfort shop. You are right though, I shouldn't feel guilty about my desire for beauty products. I do though for some reason.

I'm in a similar boat and have been in rehab for most of this year. I've been doing monthly project pans and use it up for most of the year and have gotten through a lot of stuff that way.

I will admit though that I'm about to have a relapse soon and binge shop soon. I know I get the best deals during VIB, Black Friday, and after Christmas semi-annual sales. I'll be starting my no buy after my birthday in January.

@B_Phlyy I am also a January baby. :) I know the Black Friday Sales are hard to avoid. That is why I am allowing myself to stock up on the makeup things I will need through the year, but only for the year.

@JJamiah I did okay with the makeup purchase this year. I seriously think I spent less than $150 for all of 2015 and that was mostly foundation and concealer because my color kept changing. I know that may seem like a lot to some but I probably topped over $2000 in 2014.

I'll probably be looking for tool on Black Friday. I need a better flat iron and dryer for deep conditioning. And a brush or comb attachment.

:) awesome... How are you doing? :)
I know the feeling. My husband, who I've known for 20 years.. married to him over 12 years, has FINALLY started to cringe. He sighs and now comments about my shopping. SO... I know I need to get it in order.
@Aggie

I have enough skin care, hair care, makeup ( I will be taking advantage of one vendor for the holiday), and nail supplies to last me a while..

Makeup is building
Hair care: 3 years
Makeup: 1 year
Skincare: 3 years
nail care: 3 years

I am a 3 year fixer.. LOL
Hi hun. I'm doing great and working on reducing my hair care stash after the holidays. I wont be needing anything for at least 10-12 months after December this year.

I need about 6 bags each of henna and indigo, 1 box of amla powder, 2 Kerastase Masks, 2 Redken conditioners, 3 Pureology conditioners, 2 Matrix Masks, and 2 Pureology shampoos. After this, I'll be good for a long while:blush2:

@JJamiah I did okay with the makeup purchase this year. I seriously think I spent less than $150 for all of 2015 and that was mostly foundation and concealer because my color kept changing. I know that may seem like a lot to some but I probably topped over $2000 in 2014.

I'll probably be looking for tool on Black Friday. I need a better flat iron and dryer for deep conditioning. And a brush or comb attachment.
@B_Phlyy NOPE.. .that seems like my kind of trouble right now. I just really started wearing makeup, SERIOUSLY this year. So, I had to buy everything. I just placed 3 orders this week... :/

I am hoping for 2016, I can drive that down to at least $300 :) (for makeup)

Hi hun. I'm doing great and working on reducing my hair care stash after the holidays. I wont be needing anything for at least 10-12 months after December this year.

I need about 6 bags each of henna and indigo, 1 box of amla powder, 2 Kerastase Masks, 2 Redken conditioners, 3 Pureology conditioners, 2 Matrix Masks, and 2 Pureology shampoos. After this, I'll be good for a long while:blush2:

That is awesome. I know the feeling. I am trying to chisel this stash of mine down. I am giving away my products to relatives for gifts this year. LOL Hey, kill two birds with one stone.

I am learning how to put this makeup on, so that is another demon. LOL
I am actually loving it.
@Aggie

@B_Phlyy okay so It seems the first year of makeup purchases is plenty. Maybe it is due to needing every single thing fresh. :) :yep:

If my luck is like yours, I will reduce my spending by more than half.. Whew Hew

@Aggie which Kerastase masks do you want?
@Prettymetty, hi hun. I use the Masquintense for thick hair and the Age Recharge in the green jar recommended for older hair on your head. Not necessarily graying hair but the older, longer end of your hair.

www.sleekhair has great reviews of all the products that I use. I tend to shop there for my professional hair products. Amazon may not have the actual real deal - I think a lot of them sold there are fake and I can't afford to spend my hard earned money on expensive fake products. I love both Kerastase and Pureology Masks. Redken is a very close third place and after that Matrix.

Back