LHCF ladies need help!!!

duanita33

I have been natural for almost two years..My hair grows about 1/4 inch a month...slooooww...I'm not happy about it but Im trying to focus more on the health of my hair than length..my problem is I get bored so quickly with a style which causes me to want to try something different which leads to breakage due to constantly changing up my hair...Also I can't seem to grasp this protein and moisture balance.. Please give me some suggestions.....

I have been natural for almost two years..My hair grows about 1/4 inch a month...slooooww...I'm not happy about it but Im trying to focus more on the health of my hair than length..my problem is I get bored so quickly with a style which causes me to want to try something different which leads to breakage due to constantly changing up my hair...Also I can't seem to grasp this protein and moisture balance.. Please give me some suggestions.....

Hi

I don't have any advice as far as you getting bored and wanting to change it up often bc I'm the same way.

However for the moisture and protein balancing you can try Giovanni 50:50 or I know some or shall I say a lot of the ladies use Aubrey Organics. Do you know if your hair likes protein? Do you know if your hair needs more protein than moisture and vise versus

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

duanita33
Your avatar pic is gorgeous!! Those are some pretty coils :love: Is that you in the pic? Looks like you're doin a good job with the health of your hair to me.

Im not natural but what are you doing for protein and moisture? Whats your regi? Some natural ladies will be in here shortly to help out, Im sure :)

ETA: Your edges look great too

Hi

I don't have any advice as far as you getting bored and wanting to change it up often bc I'm the same way.

However for the moisture and protein balancing you can try Giovanni 50:50 or I know some or shall I say a lot of the ladies use Aubrey Organics. Do you know if your hair likes protein? Do you know if your hair needs more protein than moisture and vise versus

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF
I believe my hair likes protein a lot ..I have been very consistent with applying moisture..also I figure comb instead of combing and brushing my hair 90 percent of the time...I try to be very gentle but my hair breaks so much...I don't know how to determine which one it needs the most

duanita33
Your avatar pic is gorgeous!! Those are some pretty coils :love: Is that you in the pic? Looks like you're doin a good job with the health of your hair to me.

Im not natural but what are you doing for protein and moisture? Whats your regi? Some natural ladies will be in here shortly to help out, Im sure :)

ETA: Your edges look great too

Yeah that is me but my hair no longer looks like that ..I applied color ..I know that I'm not balancing protein and moisture..I used to co-wash a lot but my hair would break even more then so I stopped..I really don't have a solid regi only thing that is consistent is washing/conditioning weekly (deep condition )...nightly scalp massage..products -Kenra moisturing poo,Giovanni tea tree poo /conditioner,Giovanni direct leave in,Infusium conditioner, Shea moisture (butter) , ORS jelly, and peppermint oil,rosemary oil,black castor oil for scalp massage ..
I know this is a lot..lol and I just started taking biotin and MSM

You said your hair breaks a lot and it looks like you have type four hair. How are you styling it? You need to protective style often enough. I won't say do it 99% of the time like I do because everyone is different, but it needs to be enough that your hair can retain the full 1/4 per month.

Also, make sure your moisture is on point, especially since it is colored. How do you dc? I recommend a heat cap to boost your dcs. Add a light bi-weekly protein for balance like Aubrey Organics GPB. Every two weeks I leave in a little Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin. You may not need much protein if your strands are medium or thick.

You said you are bored, but if you want to retain psing is it. Try twists for one or two weeks. You can put them in various updos. Roll and tuck styles are pretty and last a few days to a week. Bun for a week or two. You can maintain variety by doing a different ps each week.
While you are in your protective style make sure you are moisturizing and sealing. Your hair can dry out in a ps too. Spritz your hair with just water or mix a little leave in in water. Seal with an oil and/or butter...especially the ends. You may want to heavy seal the ends with JBCO or natural grease.

How are your ends?

You said your hair breaks a lot and it looks like you have type four hair. How are you styling it? You need to protective style often enough. I won't say do it 99% of the time like I do because everyone is different, but it needs to be enough that your hair can retain the full 1/4 per month.

Also, make sure your moisture is on point, especially since it is colored. How do you dc? I recommend a heat cap to boost your dcs. Add a light bi-weekly protein for balance like Aubrey Organics GPB. Every two weeks I leave in a little Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin. You may not need much protein if your strands are medium or thick.

You said you are bored, but if you want to retain psing is it. Try twists for one or two weeks. You can put them in various updos. Roll and tuck styles are pretty and last a few days to a week. Bun for a week or two. You can maintain variety by doing a different ps each week.
While you are in your protective style make sure you are moisturizing and sealing. Your hair can dry out in a ps too. Spritz your hair with just water or mix a little leave in in water. Seal with an oil and/or butter...especially the ends. You may want to heavy seal the ends with JBCO or natural grease.

How are your ends?

Thanks for the information I just chopped off about two inches due to heat damage and twisted my hair so I would say they are good for now ..I am getting braids Thursday and probably keep getting it braided atleast for the next 6 months to retain some length..I'm so frustrated at this point....

Back