LHCF Ladies living in Canada...

Fuu

I went to Honeyfig today on Yonge st and bought these:

image-3699740056.jpg

image-3211574632.jpg

image-2524114791.jpg

Now, I just want to say I'm an extremely cheap person. It figuratively wounded me to buy this. One bottle was $28 + tax. Anyways, I'm not gonna complain after the fact.

I have a question for the ladies that live in Canada though; can we compare prices? I just want some idea of what the pricing for some hair care products are in your area.

I'm asking this because I lived in Edmonton for a few years and the castor oil I bought was only $7. When I went to Honeyfig today, I saw the same bottle for $21.

I live in Van and it is cheaper for me to buy from the states than to shop at Honey Fig. For some brands the shipping is higher from Toronto than say from Atlanta. :nono:

I buy the Now Castor Oil and the 12 oz bottle cost $11 or so at a local store here. You could probably get regular castor oil from the drugstore or Whole Foods much cheaper.

Honeyfig's prices are astronomical. I am fortunate to live about an hour from the border and I can ship packages to a warehouse in Buffalo (they charge $6 to receive a package). It's generally cheaper for me to ship there than to shop at Honeyfig even given the gas etc. E.g. I ordered from Shescentit - the 9oz Avocado conditioner is $18 at Honeyfig, but $13.50 (and I got 20% off on top of that) at the Shescentit site.

As I Am co-wash is like $6-8 (depending on sales) at Sally Beauty Supply but $20 at Honeyfig. I understand that there's markup to make up for tariffs and import costs, but that's just too much.

iherb.com is great - shipping was $4 to Canada for up to a 4lb box. They sell lots of natural products including Kinky Curly :)

I live fairly close to HoneyFig and I agree their prices are ridiculous. I bought 1 product from them last year but I haven't been back since. I'd rather purchase from Beauty Supply Warehouse or buy online. However i guess it's nice to have the option to pick up a product from them if I'm hit by a wave of PJ-ism.

Honeyfig's prices are astronomical. I am fortunate to live about an hour from the border and I can ship packages to a warehouse in Buffalo (they charge $6 to receive a package). It's generally cheaper for me to ship there than to shop at Honeyfig even given the gas etc. E.g. I ordered from Shescentit - the 9oz Avocado conditioner is $18 at Honeyfig, but $13.50 (and I got 20% off on top of that) at the Shescentit site.

As I Am co-wash is like $6-8 (depending on sales) at Sally Beauty Supply but $20 at Honeyfig. I understand that there's markup to make up for tariffs and import costs, but that's just too much.

iherb.com is great - shipping was $4 to Canada for up to a 4lb box. They sell lots of natural products including Kinky Curly :)

I also buy KCCC and on that note, the 8 oz jar of curling custard is $28 at Honeyfig I bought mine at BSW for $20!!!

I also ship to the border. I have not bought one thing at Honey Fig. It doesn't make any financial sense for me.

I buy my raw ingredients from New Directions Aromatics. I live close enough to pick up the order and save shipping costs, so I'm not sure what shipping is like . They charge $4.10 for just under 500ml of refined castor oil. I get my carrier oils and raw butters from them as well. Really good quality products.

ETA: Their warehouse is in Mississauga.

I also do most of my shopping online...I would like to go to Honeyfig to look around but I wouldn't spend my money there. I tend to shop at health stores locally - Healthy Planet (they have Aubrey Organics there), then I buy teas, Millcreek and such at other health stores. Some websites I shop from:
Iherb.com
vitacost.com
mountainherb.com
There is another that I've frequented for raw goods but for the life of me, I can't remember the name. ETA: just read the thread and it is Newdirectionaromatics.com
Also there is a bss at Markham rd and Sheppard that has quite the offering. I remember seeing Miss Jessie and a few other products.

I buy my raw ingredients from New Directions Aromatics. I live close enough to pick up the order and save shipping costs, so I'm not sure what shipping is like . They charge $4.10 for just under 500ml of refined castor oil. I get my carrier oils and raw butters from them as well. Really good quality products.

ETA: Their warehouse is in Mississauga.

I heard of this place not too long ago. I was thinking of ordering some Shea butter from them.

Thanks everybody for the responses~ I'm going to try ordering online from the sites you all suggested next time.

Back