LHCF Hair-lebrity thread

sckri23

This thread is to honor all the BSL ladies and beyond. You all are an inspiration to women everywhere. We thank you for keeping hope alive.

Calling all hair-lebrities!!! You made it into the HEALTHY HAIR HALL OF FAME by proving to everyone long hair can be achieved.

empressri (im on my phone so I can't mention now)

napbella

Bun Mistress

Renren

Southernbella

Njoy

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate empressri, who has always been my hairspiration. The first time I saw her hair, all I could think was "I NEED my hair to look like THAT!!" :lick: :yep: it doesn't....but, I'll continue to dream! :grin:

Basically this thread is honor those who figured their hair out and to help others reach their goal by sharing the main/key things that helped them. Ie. Moisturize and seal....

Im new and even though I wanna try everything I have to start small with the basics first, its like no one mentions those anymore....... everyone has their regis but the basics is what I'm looking for. Natural texlaxed relaxed Ima list them all.

Last edited:
I'll post, I just made WL after my last two cuts this year. The key to my HHJ was laying off the mani. I don't do much to my hair after wash day. Maybe oil or moisturizer (if I need it). Id doesn't matter if I straighten for weeks or don't flat iron for a year.

My regi doesn't change much from pre poo, poo bar (optional) and DC. I henna with powders and conditioner for color and strength every few months. Heavy protein every few months.
I tried going back to relaxers for a month (relaxed about 2 inches it didn't take though) but then didn't. I now do a keratin treatment, I have too much hair and it is too long not to have some manageability.

Hair is 4B very fine strands. This is why I left the combs alone.

I'll take some pictures soon, I straighten my hair yesterday.

It's like this: I tell everyone, wash, deep condition and moisturize and trim when needed. And stay consistent!! I like to play with different products but in the end my regimen is pretty much straightforward. I don't deviate from it all that much, honestly.

If I throw in a protein treatment, I use a moisturizing DC afterwards. I only flatiron a couple times a year and get my ends trimmed at that time.

"I tried going back to relaxers for a month (relaxed about 2 inches it didn't take though) but then didn't. I now do a keratin treatment, I have too much hair and it is too long not to have some manageability."

Bun Mistress--how is your hair doing with the keratin treatments? I'm 9wks post and thinking about foregoing the relaxer and use keratin to manage my natural hair. I'd like to get away from relaxers completely but I'm hair lazy and my natural hair needs lots of love and attention. Imma thick 4a.

"I tried going back to relaxers for a month (relaxed about 2 inches it didn't take though) but then didn't. I now do a keratin treatment, I have too much hair and it is too long not to have some manageability."

@Bun Mistress--how is your hair doing with the keratin treatments? I'm 9wks post and thinking about foregoing the relaxer and use keratin to manage my natural hair. I'd like to get away from relaxers completely but I'm hair lazy and my natural hair needs lots of love and attention. Imma thick 4a.

I was a shock at first because I have fine porous hair and unlike some people it got my hair STRAIGHT. I now use a now use Nunaat, it really cheap and its made for at home use.

I haven't had any problems from using keratin and its been months. {well really over a year but I took a break from using this system because it was so time consuming). I'm researching cysteine treatment as a alternative because it requires less heat.

I was a shock at first because I have fine porous hair and unlike some people it got my hair STRAIGHT. I now use a now use Nunaat, it really cheap and its made for at home use.

I haven't had any problems from using keratin and its been months. {well really over a year but I took a break from using this system because it was so time consuming). I'm researching cysteine treatment as a alternative because it requires less heat.

Bun Mistress --I'm wondering if it would be a good alternative for me instead of relaxing. I like to cowash at least 2x wkly and dont know if this would be helpful or not. :perplexed Thanks for your response.

Hey.. I'll bite...

Recently reached my hair goal of MBL unstretched.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=619899&highlight=renren

I'm texturized, my regimen is fairly simple.. shampoo with diluted shampoo once a week, followed by a co-wash then a good deep condition. Style with a leave-in, butter and gel. While I do alot of sets (braidouts, twistouts etc) I've also worn wash and go's with no problem (except single strand knots...have lots of those). I co-wash mid-week on a wednesday. Thats it really.

See my blog for more details.

It's like this: I tell everyone, wash, deep condition and moisturize and trim when needed. And stay consistent!! I like to play with different products but in the end my regimen is pretty much straightforward. I don't deviate from it all that much, honestly.

If I throw in a protein treatment, I use a moisturizing DC afterwards. I only flatiron a couple times a year and get my ends trimmed at that time.

I'm with you on the consistency part! Man, if I only knew that in the beginning of my journey I wouldn't have had set backs. :yep: But like every newbie, we wanna try errrrrthang! :spinning:

I'm at WL now. I'm natural, type 4. My regimen is fairly simple. Wash, deep condition (usually with Aussie Moist), warm blowdry, style. My day to day is generally a twistout or braidout. I do wash n gos every now and then, and I straighten 2 or 3 times per year.

Braidout:

1232-1-1.jpg

529999_3795971781246_1335771203_3523635_808105356_n-1.jpg

Straight:

SDC14433-vi-1-1.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

Wash n Go:

225376_2042063334631_1335771203_2414694_2628324_n-1.jpg

IMG_51492-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at WL now. I'm natural, type 4. My regimen is fairly simple. Wash, deep condition (usually with Aussie Moist), warm blowdry, style. My day to day is generally a twistout or braidout. I do wash n gos every now and then, and I straighten 2 or 3 times per year.

Braidout:

1232-1-1.jpg

529999_3795971781246_1335771203_3523635_808105356_n-1.jpg

Straight:

SDC14433-vi-1-1.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

Wash n Go:

225376_2042063334631_1335771203_2414694_2628324_n-1.jpg

IMG_51492-1-1-1.jpg

WoooooW :worship2:...soooo THICK!

I'll bite. I am about 3 inches from WL. My hair hits about BSL curly. These are pics of my current flatty (I only flat iron a handful of times each year, mostly when I need a dusting).

Flat
picture.php

With Layers Slightly Curled
picture.php

Curly (major shrinkage)
picture.php

Regimen: Cowash daily with AM3MM, Leave-in Tresemme Moisture Rich, wet bun (see avatar pic) or ponytail 80% of the time. Deep condition or steam weekly. Shampoo once a month if needed, after each flatty, after swimming. Protein 2x a month and after each flatty. Occasional twists using Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie (5% of the time...keep twists in 2-5 days then twistout for 2-4 days). Flat iron, end dusting, layer shape up every 12-16 weeks or a flatty with no trim when the mood hits (10%...no more than 5-6x a year). Nighttime: long Sleep Sakk if flat ironed, silk scarf in 2 "Pocahontas" braids if curly.

Last edited:
I'll bite. I am about 3 inches from WL. My hair hits about BSL curly. These are pics of my current flatty (I only flat iron a handful of times each year, mostly when I need a dusting).

Flat
picture.php

With Layers Slightly Curled
picture.php

Curly (major shrinkage)
picture.php

Regimen: Cowash daily with AM3MM, Leave-in Tresemme Moisture Rich, wet bun or ponytail 80% of the time. Deep condition or steam weekly. Shampoo once a month if needed, after each flatty, after swimming. Protein 2x a month and after each flatty. Occasional twists using Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie (5% of the time...keep twists in 2-5 days then twistout for 2-4 days). Flat iron, end dusting, layer shape up every 12-16 weeks or a flatty with no trim when the mood hits (10%...no more than 5-6x a year). Nighttime: long Sleep Sakk if flat ironed, silk scarf in 2 "Pocahontas" braids if curly.

So pretty!!!! That's my goal length.

Back