LHCF Hair Care Package

KathyMay

Hey ladies :wave:

My dear cousin is in North Carolina and she has been a little down and having stress and health issues that are contributing to her hair problems. So I would like to send her a care package of LHCF essentials, I have a few items I am throwing in mostly Dominican products and Boundless Tresses but I want to add a few more things. So I need some input she has 3a/b hair and it is shredding bad, I have 4a/b hair and normally use Nexxss Emergence what protein treatment should I put in there for her own hair? Also what shampoo, con., leave in and oils? I have my own regimen but I want something for her to start out with. TIA

-Kathy

Aww this is so nice of you.

Just a suggestion. Why don't you also throw in a nice comb (like a Jilbere Shower Comb). These can be purchased from Sally BSS.

Salerm 21 is a great leave-in. I use it, and I really like it.

I'm in the 3 family and I use:

Hemp Hydrating poo and conditioner
AMLA OIL
V05 extra body poo and conditioner (and it's fairly cheap)

That's so sweet. For a protein treatment I really like the Aphogee keratin reconstructor, the 2 min not the hard. It make my hair really soft if I follow with a good conditioner. Hope she feels better.

I forgot about the shower comb I have tons of them I will get one from Sally's believe or not I have a spare bottle of Salerm 21 leave in.

Allandra said:
Aww this is so nice of you.

Just a suggestion. Why don't you also throw in a nice comb (like a Jilbere Shower Comb). These can be purchased from Sally BSS.

Salerm 21 is a great leave-in. I use it, and I really like it.

I think Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo and dailly deep conditioner are great. The leave in is good too, you could really buy the whole line and have everything you need except protein. Also, I can't go with out my Wild Growth Hair Oil. If that's too smelly for you, Proclaim Natural 7 Oil is the next best thing.

I think Emergencee is a good bet for protein.

Writing this down again I forgot about the Amla oil which I use as a pre poo. AND I have an Extra bottle of VO5 Extra body conditioner what can I say I am beauty junkie in rehab. I just need to go through product drawers. I have so much stuff that I havent used. Thanks for the suggestions ladies.

dlewis said:
I'm in the 3 family and I use:

Hemp Hydrating poo and conditioner
AMLA OIL
V05 extra body poo and conditioner (and it's fairly cheap)

KathyMay said:
I forgot about the shower comb I have tons of them I will get one from Sally's believe or not I have a spare bottle of Salerm 21 leave in.
Hey, that's great. :)

crlsweetie912 said:
I like CPR for protein. If you don't know how to correctly use the Aphogee, it can be a disaster.

I'm thinking that, I have some and I'm concerned about using it.

Cheapy Conditioners and olive oil. Can be used together as a Deep Conditioner. Conditoner can be used as a leave in or mixed with water and oil to be used as a spray. Olive oil can be used as a pre poo and to seal. Also maybe you can send some accessories.

I have had problems with Aphogee myself and the thin hair that runs in our family it would disastrous for her to use.

dlewis said:
I'm thinking that, I have some and I'm concerned about using it.

KathyMay said:
I have had problems with Aphogee myself and the thin hair that runs in our family it would disastrous for her to use.

OK, I guess I'll be sending that to my friend.

Last edited:
What a great thing to do! I am moved by your compassion. How about adding some good old biotin and a good multi with iron. Probably dont want to overwhelm her with vits right now. But that would be a good start. And print out the sticky for the 'newbies'. So she will know what to do with all this great stuff. I know how stress will take your hair. It was taking mine untill I found this board and began to fight back.

I don't if anyone said vitamins (I didn't read the whole thing) but I would send some especially if she is having health issues.

This is so sweet! I wish someone had done this for me LOL

But I would send vitamins, silk scarf, ouchless rubberbands, a few phony ponies, olive oil, sandwich bags (and instructions on cute stationary about the baggy method), tea tree oil (if she has dandruff), peppermint oil( aids in growth), jojoba oil, castor oil, spray bottles, V05 conditioners (with directions on co-washing on that cute stationary again), Elastra mango butter.....

I am listing all that I am using LOL but I hope that helps...each one of these products have helped me in some way and although I don't know my hair type I would love to receive something along the lines of your ideas

That is so wonderful of you. I know a little pampering will help to cheer her up and take her mind of things.

I agree with the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line. You might want to throw in some plastic caps for deep conditioning. You can never have too many of those.

Also, I will pray for a quick and full recovery for your cousin. (I don't need the details, because God knows.)

Well thanks I have to take of my big cousin she has looked out for my best interest along with everyone else. She already knows about the vits, she is taking biotin. I know about the stress always messed up my hair when I first started during my hair journey but I straighten it out. It is easy to get back on track.

I will print out the NEWBIE sticky for her. She doesn't have access to the computer she had to cut off her DSL because of her son (that is another story!!)

eajaye2u said:
What a great thing to do! I am moved by your compassion. How about adding some good old biotin and a good multi with iron. Probably dont want to overwhelm her with vits right now. But that would be a good start. And print out the sticky for the 'newbies'. So she will know what to do with all this great stuff. I know how stress will take your hair. It was taking mine untill I found this board and began to fight back.

Last edited:
This is a sweet gesture. I would add to the list

-Tea tree oil- itchy scalp and circulation ( scalp massages). Can add this to condition and hot oil treatment it is very soothing on the scalp.

-jojoba oil - coats the hair nicely and add a nice sheen.

-A satin/silk pillowcase

-Jason's shampoo and Jason's Bioton conditioner ( helps thicken and encourage growth)

-Aveda Elixir leave in

What a really sweet idea. Don't forget:

Coconut oil
Cantu Shea Butter Cream Moisturizer (oil base) is wonderful and smells like the tropics OR African Royal M.O.M. moisturizer (water base)
Cream of Nature shampoo (mildest detergent, very moisturizing)
Cute duck bill clip for quick up-do's with moderately firm hold
African Royal Leave-In (super soft hair) + Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor Leave-In (super strong hair)

wonderful ideas already given.

I would also say stop by Sallys and pick up some Proclaim 7 Natural Oil and some scarves or night bonnets. All the other ideas are great!!

KathyMay,

You are a great cousin, and family member. I know what it is like to have to deal with health issues, and take care of your hair. I thank God for family my every day.

It looks like you have received some very helpful suggestions. I'll just offer my prayers for your cousin's speedy recovery.

Back