LHC Journey progress & Self Relaxer *VERY PIC HEAVY*

UGQueen

Hey all!
Jiust wanted to share my progress with you all.
I started my HHC journey in JUne right after my bday after discovering this site. Although my hair wasnt unhealthy, i still wanted to make sure i took care of it at all times. So that leads me to my next point. THANK YOU ALL THE LHCF LADIES FOR ALL YOU KNOWLEDGE. I couldnt have done it without you guys.
Prior to LHCF i would go about 5 weeks post and then book an appt. Thank god those days are over.

Now lets talk hair.
So in may i decided to get a major cut, was tired of my neck length hair simply needed a change. So this is what i ended up with,
I loved it, my stylist is very good at cutting hair. but the problem was i straightened and stylist all the time :wallbash:
This is in may just got back from a cut.
IMG_1640.jpg

Then in june i discovered LHCF so i took my first starting pic. To track growth etc.
IMG_1934.jpg

(sorry the pic is kinda small but u can see that wheere my hair was shaved it still showing)

So instead of strecching my relaxers i figured i wanted to go natural instead so i would start my transition. SO then this came along...
12 weeks postt!
IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_24941.jpg

Length check
IMG_2495.jpg

Then after the transitioning i decided i need to relax and here is why. My hair is simply too short to look cute and transition at the same time. I am an active person so wearing wigs all the time simply was not an option.
This is a pic when i just came back from a cheerleading event, and my coach require us to put our hair in ponys and i couldnt do that with my wigs.

IMG_2621.jpg

Althought this made me glad
IMG_2635.jpg

You guys werent joking abouot that srinkage.

IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg

So after tossing and turning on whether to relax or not i decdided to take matters in to my own hands and self relax. :) at 16 Weeks Post!
so here we go, i was scared and researched ALOTT!!

So i went out and bought SE Lye relaxer, SE neutralizing shampoo and an applicator brush and bowl.

Proceeded to base my scalp.

IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2683.jpg

Then i relaxed starting at the front of my head working towards the back, That would then allow my to rinse out the front while letting the back process a little bit more.
After rinsing thoroughly i conditioned with SE Luxurious cond. (i think its called that) Let sit for about 7 min. Then started neutralizing. After neutralixing I put in aphogee 2 min. Waited for about 5. and rinsed
then i put ACV in my hair and rinsed and then DC'd with SE cholesterol for 20 min.
IMG_26841.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2686.jpg

Then i stepped under my ion hooded dryer (blue) and dried on medium until about 70% dry
IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg

Then i blow dried switching between hot and cool shot until 100% dry.
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg

Then i flatironed on 290 degrees.
As i leave in i used NTM leave in and HE LTR rasberry. And ofcourse my nexxusheat protecting spray both b4 going under dryer and b4 flatironing.
And this was the results!! (i have self relaxed b4 but ofcourse not the right way :))

IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg

I got dat SWANG!
IMG_2704.jpg

And the fall
IMG_2703.jpg

LENGTH CHECKS

IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg

Im so glad my neck is covered!

Thank you once again LHCF! I reached my goal of NL in Oct!

Last edited:
Okay, so this is the definition of pic heavy, lol

:yep: I hate when folks say their thread is pic heavy and 3 pictures.

Anyway OP, great progress, your ends look awesome, and that's a great cut you have!

Oh my word, your hair - the swang, the fall! Your cut has grown out so nicely. Congrats on your progress and on your successful DIY-ing.

thanks ladies,
im so glad i found LHCF you guys have no idea, now i have the ability to take matters into my own hands and not have to worry bout someone else messing up. its a good feeling.

beautiful hair and growth. What styles were you doing when you were transitioning? Maybe by vistining the transioners thread or finding those who were transitioning with hair around your length you'll have better sucess the next go around. Congrats in either case.

Back