Lets Wrap about Wrapping

KhandiB

Corny I know :lol:

But...

Do you notice that your hair is bouncier and silkier when you wrap??

for some reason I notice that wrapping helps my ends ..weird I know :lol:

KhandiB said:
Corny I know :lol:

But...

Do you notice that your hair is bouncier and silkier when you wrap??

for some reason I notice that wrapping helps my ends ..weird I know :lol:

hi KhandiB,

could you decribe wrapping? is it some sort of technique?

Um, Yes it is a technique where you take your hair and wrap it around your head , tie a scarf around it.. and voila, It is also used to flatten rollerwraps ...

thats the best I can explain it :lol:

Sowwy...

Yup I sure did. When I was shoulder length I was the wrapping queen. I was smart enough to alternate which side I wrapped to. I didn't get any thinning. The problem was my hair grew. As it got longer it took longer to dry. My wet wraps were out! :ohwell: Then I figured I would just wrap my dry hair. Well that worked for a minute. Then my hair would be too straight. Now I hardly ever wrap as much as I liked too I find that the longer my hair gets the less I like the look. I like the look of the mohawk set better. It gives more body and I hardly have to comb.

Wrapping, that's what I usually do at night, but I need a change. My hair has been coming out kind of flat lately :(
Simplycee you mentioned the mohawk set huh, I might have to try that one day. :)

Last edited:
i wrap a lot...and brush very lightly..and yes i do notice more bounce..i always have a nice shape to it..funny its never out tho..just for my viewing in the morning and at night

okay thanx...I didn't mean to sound completely dumb but I had to ask...

Someone on this forum told me to put rollers in my hair and then wrap it to get a straight look...so it didn't make sense to me..and it still doesn't make sense...
someone care to explain? =)

Im still having a problem seeing how that Mohawk rollerset works..

I Love wrapping after a FARS (Fake A** Roller Set :lol: ) is spectacular,
If I flat iron I will wrap cuz for some reason it helps my ends

Safina87... what they meant was after washing your hair (1) to put rollers in your hair (2) let your hair dry (3) remove the rollers (4) wrap your hair around your head in a circular motion using a wide tooth comb (5) tie a scarf around it (6) after letting it sit (overnight usually) comb your hair down out of the wrap.

this will leave your hair with body and put a certain flow to your hair while also flattening your curls from your hair

hope this helps

KhandiB said:
Im still having a problem seeing how that Mohawk rollerset works..

I Love wrapping after a FARS (Fake A** Roller Set :lol: ) is spectacular,
If I flat iron I will wrap cuz for some reason it helps my ends

Exactly how do you do your FARS? :) rollersets are not my bestfriend!

I wrap too. The key to wrapping for me is:

1.) How tight you wrap it. Too tight will def. make you curls leave and leave you hair flat.

2.) How much product you use- I notice if I keep my moisturizing that the minimum that is needed my wraps don't get weighed down. And there is nothing worse in my eyes than hair that is plastered to the head.

I don't alternate because that makes my scalp sore. The hair pullling in one direction kills my scalp. But I love wrapping. I have been doing it for about 8 years and it really helps tame my hair. Also, the scard makes a workd of a difference too.

Someone had a theory that the oils from the scalp gets to the ends better because of how close the ends are to the scalp making the ends smoother. It def has helped my ends, and that is a theory that I believe.

Back