Let's Talk Prenatal Vitamins - (not preggers)

growinstrong

So I was at the grocery store yesterday buying me some more women's one-a-day multivitamins when I ran across some prenatals. I thought to myself, I spend a lot of money on vitamins individually, i.e biotin, b-50, multivitamin etc.., why cant I just buy these for less money and more % daily value? I know there has been talk on the board in the past on the vitamins, but I have some unanswered questions still. So, my questions are:

Who takes these for hair growth purposes?

Are they safe even though you are not currently or planning on getting pregnant?

How long does it take to see results as far as hair growth?

Are there any adverse side effects if you stop taking them?

supplement facts:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=143717&catid=26115&aid=280302&aparam=df5628

These prenatals look ok, but the biotin content is kinda low for me. Does anyone suggest any other brands? I need a growth spurt since I plan on trimming 1"-2" of see through ends soon. what do you ladies think :rolleyes:?

Last edited:
Yout growth spurt will happen because it's almost summer time. Hair usually grows faster then. It's not the prenatal vitamins that make your hair grow faster... it's being pregnant that makes your hair go crazy.

Why is that :rolleyes:? I've never been pregnant before but I ALWAYS notice this with pregnant women.

Yout growth spurt will happen because it's almost summer time. Hair usually grows faster then. It's not the prenatal vitamins that make your hair grow faster... it's being pregnant that makes your hair go crazy.

Increased blood flow, increased female hormones :yep:

I agree but they also go through hair loss/shedding phase after the pregnancy unless if they are LHCF members then they can keep it by super caring for it.

I take this for hair growth and vitamins overall as they are cheaper for me and yes they are safe *I'm not planning to get pregnant*

I don't know if its working or not coz I just got my big chop and starting over now, as for the biotin I take extra pills at the side plus garlic pills and parsley.

My nails are long and strong too, they don't break anymore and my eye lashes wow what can I tell you about my eye lashes, they are longer and fuller in a very noticeable way *I haven't changed my Mascara yet*

When you're pregnant your hair will usually shed less. This also means your nails grow longer and stronger because they are made from the same materials. I actually took a liquid prenatal because I would gag on pills when I was pregnant, and it was like a super vitamin. My hair grew like crazy.

I just started taking pre-natals a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that my nails were extremely brittle and my hair had just stopped growing it seemed. Now my nails are hard as rocks and as long as ever. My nails have always grown fast, but always broke quickly. Not now since I've been taking the pre-natals. My hair also is less brittle and looks more healthier.

Back