Let's talk about neutralizing

SelfStyled

Many, many setbacks are caused by improper neutralizing by hair stylists and self relaxers. If you've ever had an experience with improper neutralizing then you know exactly what I am talking about :look:. How do you neutralize?

After rinsing thoroughly I shampoo once in the shower with Affirm neutralizing shampoo, then I put some more neutralizing poo on and I let that sit for 15-20 minutes. This has been perfect, I have suffered no setbacks with this regimen at all.

My biggest setbacks were from improper neutrlizing. I got nearly bald batches. I am trying to grow back one right now.

What I do is after rinsing apply the neutralizing poo and let if sit for 5 mins then rinse and repeat. I do this like 4 times. I might be ODing though.

My biggest setbacks were from improper neutrlizing. I got nearly bald batches. I am trying to grow back one right now.

What I do is after rinsing apply the neutralizing poo and let if sit for 5 mins then rinse and repeat. I do this like 4 times. I might be ODing though.

Same here, I only do it 3x though.

So sorry to hear about that loca! It's happened to me before too.

Okay based on the replies maybe I should add another poo/rinse.

After rinsing the relaxer, I apply a Vitale conditioner (forgot the name) and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then I top it with Vitale Neutralizing poo and let that sit for a few minutes. After that, I repeat the process once or twice.

I do the same as you; since I use affirm, I use positive link, let that sit for 5 minutes or so, THEN I shampoo twice and the third time I let the shampoo sit in my hair for 10 minutes or so.

It's sad, because before LHCF I didnt know the importance of proper neutralizing. I cant tell you how many times in salons, they wash the relaxer out, shampoo twice then slap on a deep conditioner or a conditioner and thats it, theyre done. Theyre so concerned with the fact that they have a bunch of clients to do after me, that all I am is customer #38794179 and they rush to get my hair done. I'm glad Ive started doing my hair at home and that I know more about hair care so that the very few times I do visit the salon, I know when to speak up about any sort of wrong doing on their part.

I do the same as you; since I use affirm, I use positive link, let that sit for 5 minutes or so, THEN I shampoo twice and the third time I let the shampoo sit in my hair for 10 minutes or so.

It's sad, because before LHCF I didnt know the importance of proper neutralizing. I cant tell you how many times in salons, they wash the relaxer out, shampoo twice then slap on a deep conditioner or a conditioner and thats it, theyre done. Theyre so concerned with the fact that they have a bunch of clients to do after me, that all I am is customer #38794179 and they rush to get my hair done. I'm glad Ive started doing my hair at home and that I know more about hair care so that the very few times I do visit the salon, I know when to speak up about any sort of wrong doing on their part.

Not to rag on salons but you are so right about that.

Back