let's talk about breakthroughs

melahnee

tell me a story of something great that has happened to your hair..i just love reading about and telling these stories. plus pics if you have any!

I've been sharing so many stories lately but I can't help it! You guys are the only ones that really understand my obsession! :yep: My hair is loving me ever since I've been takin you ladies' advice and taking supplements. I've been taking supplements for a month and a half now and my hair seriously is just getting better..and better..and thicker. I've never had a huge problem with my edges. never really payed attention to them honestly, I kinda just ignored them and put edge control on them a lot. but this past month...there is definitely a noticeable difference. I am LOVING the way they look...they are sooo full, so soft, I've NEVER seen them look like this.. I haven't even looked at my edge control since I took the first supplement..my hair is thriving and I'm so happy:grin: not to mention my lashes! :grin:

Last edited:
not the best comparison pic but this is the best I could find (after I had made my hair bleaching mistakes, even my poor "bangs" were hangin on for dear life :nono: )..this is what my edges used to look like..not bad..but they are definitely WAY better now!

Last edited:
Yes, we understand your hair obsession:lol: and "we" relate:blush:

my breakthoughs:

1. best to throughly detangle with a detangler(mane& tail) before my wash
2. wash in sections (in braids)
3. tension method with the blow dryer with the diffuser
4. GHE

1&2 has been a Godsend for unnecesarry breakage :grin:
#4 has made me really happy with stretching.:yep:

Yes, we understand your hair obsession:lol: and "we" relate:blush:

my breakthoughs:

1. best to throughly detangle with a detangler(mane& tail) before my wash
2. wash in sections (in braids)
3. tension method with the blow dryer with the diffuser
4. GHE

1&2 has been a Godsend for unnecesarry breakage :grin:
#4 has made me really happy with stretching.:yep:

geez I wanna learn how to do some nice braids/cornrows so bad. i suck at it but my hair retains so well in braids! I might have to pick up that detangler because my hair likes to tangle a lot too...hmm

My breakthroughs (in no particular order):

1- Conair Infiniti Hair Designer BC173- The BEST "blowdryer" for my hair.
I have my expensive CHI but this styler wins hands down. It makes tension blowdrying very easy... and my hair gets a great blowout easily even on cool temps.

2- Scurl no drip

3- oils and products containing ceramides

4- Only work on moisturized hair...and work with hair in sections. I've learned that Manipulation on extremely dry or soaking wet hair = breakage

5- Protein is my friend. I need it with every wash.

My breakthroughs (in no particular order):

1- Conair Infiniti Hair Designer BC173- The BEST "blowdryer" for my hair.
I have my expensive CHI but this styler wins hands down. It makes tension blowdrying very easy... and my hair gets a great blowout easily even on cool temps.

2- Scurl no drip

3- oils and products containing ceramides

4- Only work on moisturized hair...and work with hair in sections. I've learned that Manipulation on extremely dry or soaking wet hair = breakage

5- Protein is my friend. I need it with every wash.

that's great. I've recently learned that protein is really good for me too! before this forum, I didn't know anything about all this protein stuff lol.

I had a wash day yesterday, and I found somethin else my hair responded well to. I got old-fashioned and let egg sit in my hair for 10 ish minutes..i woulda gone longer but it smelled terrible lol. Worked pretty well..then I did a DC and oil "rinse" with Vitamin E oil and I think my hair LOVED that..there was less shedding than usual! I did bantu knots as usual and then my aunt french braided my hair on each side and then I put the braids into a braid-bun-type of thing lol. i love it. I really need to learn how to do theseeeeeeee I've tried ssooo much but it just don't look right. Bless my auntie. :grin:

Last edited:
that's great. I've recently learned that protein is really good for me too! before this forum, I didn't know anything about all this protein stuff lol.

You hair looks nice and has great shine! I wish I was able to braid my hair like that on my own as I could use it as a protective style even for work.

You hair looks nice and has great shine! I wish I was able to braid my hair like that on my own as I could use it as a protective style even for work.
growth2come thank you! I love it! I would always have my hair like this or similar if I knew how to do it. I've even tried doing it on my sister's hair and it looked OK, but i wouldn't let her walk out like that, lol :lol:

Back