** Let's all VOTE for our sista REDECOUVERT! :)

You must get tired of hearing me saying thank you but really no words can translate how happy I am and how my heart warms up every time I read voted. thank you

@Flavia: thank you again. March 26th is the last day to vote then Bobbi Brown will watch the videos of the top 5. She will pick 3 lucky winners who will be announced by April 5th.
the winners are invited to New York City for a weekend. Trip expenses will be paid for and the winners will meet Bobbi Brown, have a brunch with her and a personal make up class from Bobbi herself. Winners will also receive goodies bags. This is simply amazing!

As a student, all I do is study, grade,study,grade non stop. This will be such an amazing opportunity to meet her, have fun and improve my make up application skills.

Last edited:
You must get tired of hearing me saying thank you but really no words can translate how happy I am and how my hearts warms up every time I read voted. thank you

@Flavia: thank you again. March 26th is the last day to vote then Bobbi Brown will watch the videos of the top 5. She will pick 3 lucky winners who will be announced by April 5th.
the winners are invited to New York City for a weekend. Trip expenses will be paid for and the winners will meet Bobbi Brown, have a brunch with her and a personal make up class from Bobbi herself. Winners will also receive goodies bags. This is simply amazing!

As a student, all I do is study, grade,study,grade non stop. This will be such an amazing opportunity to meet her, have fun and improve my make up application skills.

I know what you mean, I feel your pain. You deserve it hun, I hope you win :yep:

@Flavia:) I know right..I feel like I have no social life! I sometimes get annoyed when I am asked "what's new?"..lol...thank you again for your support.

@winnettagg: aaw..thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!!

thank you ladies... this has been such an emotional journey. I am ready for march 26th and for bobbi brown to make her decision...

Gon' head on, Ms. Amina .. you're holding steady. Voted again!

ETA: I was messin' around over there and ended up spending money! See what you did??

Last edited:
thank you for the support...Ladies if you knew how long it took me to shoot the video...2 weeks..LOL
I was brainstorming concepts, how I could make it super creative!
Bottom line, I wanted to do a fancy montage: a scene for each definition of a pretty powerful woman. For instance, one scene was about a woman who is selfless and sacrifices her happiness for her family (my mum) . So I wore a traditional West African outfit and shot a few minutes of me cooking some pilau. Then a woman who always faces adversity and I wanted to shoot a scene of me shoveling snow. 2 problems I don't have a tripod so I hold the camera with one hand. Second problem: it was a huge mess.
So the next morning, I woke up to shoot it again and the freaking snow had melted.
Then there was another shot of me applying the make up. TOO Long!!
So I tried to edit and it was a nightmare. The video had to be 1 minute. no more/ no less
After 2 days, when it was finally ready, I watched and hated it!
It was horrible, I was trying too hard and I wasn't myself.
So I cried..lol

wiped my tears, applied the make up, wore my favorite blouse, earrings, looked at the camera "alright, it is you and me"
so everything came from the heart and I was surprised at how I didn't need to rehearse anything because it was coming from the heart.

Growing up, I was exposed to make up looks that were soo wrong. For instance, black eyeliner used as lipliner, wearing a foundation that is 3 shades lighter, women who shaved their eyebrows then drew it back with a harsh line that reaches almost the ear,
eyeshadows that were too bright and not well blended. Silver lipstick,you named it, I saw it!

I really thought that make up was supposed to make you look like someone else. I started wearing it 7 years ago and it was an intervention. A friend was going to buy some MAC products, asked me to come with her and guess what? she had set up an appointment for me...anyways I digress

@Rastafarai: great question!! This is what the website says:
"The top five (5) videos as voted by the visitors to the BobbiBrownCosmetics.com⁄Pretty Powerful website will be shown to Bobbi Brown who will choose the three (3) Grand Prize winners herself based on the (1) creativity of their video (2) quality of their answer to the question “How does using Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Color Strips make you feel Pretty Powerful?” and (3) quality of their video."

When I read the criteria , I was even tempted to buy a new camera for #3
I wanted to do the fancy montage for #1 but at the end, I just had to give my best and then leave it in the hands of God, the public, friends and family. The video was shot in my apt, near the main entry :)

I also have to admit that when I first watched the videos of each contestant, I got so insecure. But after a couple of days, I told myself stop comparing yourself to others. We are all different and we all did our best and submitted the best video we could :)

Edit for errors :)
Edit 2: @Soulfusion: I would recommend a pot rouge. I use it on cheeks/ lips and they last for a long time. My favorite is raspberry.
My first video that I initially submitted for the contest was about the pot rouges. I was so nervous that I started speaking in French..LOL

Last edited:
Back