Let Me Tell You Ladies About Sheldeez.com (RANT!)!

Interesting....here's the e-mail that I sent them last friday:

I placed an order over a week and a half ago, and the money was taken out of my account February 2nd. I did not receive a confirmation, or anything else for that matter. When will my items be shipped? I spent over $100 during this transaction, and have received no customer service at all. If I do not get a response by Tuesday, February 13th, I WILL report you to the Better Business Bureau. -Erin Bailey

They did just enough to avoid me going to the BBB by posting this:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Contact us form

Sorry for not getting back to you, we are waiting for the mizani products to come in, and we will send that out to you, what we can also do is send you what we have in stock, and when the other products come in we will ship it to you.
Please reply so we can resolve this matter

I wrote them back literally minutes after recieving this e-mail.

Thank you for responding to my e-mail in a timely matter. I would like to receive the products that are in stock, and whatever you do not have, I would like to be refunded for. When will my items be shipped, and which items do you have in stock?

I haven't heard from them since. I am still going to the BBB, because this issue was not resolved. I advise any and all of you that have gone through this to do the same. This business is driving others insane! I am giving them until Thursday night at 12pm....if I get no response by then, BBB here I come. I'll keep you all updated....

LilChocolateMa said:
Interesting....here's the e-mail that I sent them last friday:

I placed an order over a week and a half ago, and the money was taken out of my account February 2nd. I did not receive a confirmation, or anything else for that matter. When will my items be shipped? I spent over $100 during this transaction, and have received no customer service at all. If I do not get a response by Tuesday, February 13th, I WILL report you to the Better Business Bureau. -Erin Bailey

They did just enough to avoid me going to the BBB by posting this:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Contact us form

Sorry for not getting back to you, we are waiting for the mizani products to come in, and we will send that out to you, what we can also do is send you what we have in stock, and when the other products come in we will ship it to you.
Please reply so we can resolve this matter

I wrote them back literally minutes after recieving this e-mail.

Thank you for responding to my e-mail in a timely matter. I would like to receive the products that are in stock, and whatever you do not have, I would like to be refunded for. When will my items be shipped, and which items do you have in stock?

I haven't heard from them since. I am still going to the BBB, because this issue was not resolved. I advise any and all of you that have gone through this to do the same. This business is driving others insane! I am giving them until Thursday night at 12pm....if I get no response by then, BBB here I come. I'll keep you all updated....

That's a deg on shame....:nono:

alexstin said:
I just had a bad experience with discount-beauty.com. I was a loyal customer but not anymore.:mad:
I thought I was the only one. I spent $200+ and had to wait for my items for over a month with NO COMMUNICATION. Some of these companies should really be ashamed of their business practices. :ohwell: I will not be ordering from them again.

I'm having a problem with discount-beauty now. They decided to send me the old humectress in 3 (13.5 oz) in place of the 33 oz Phyto Humectic because it said formerly Humectress. They should have email to ask me if I wanted that crap. I emailed to send me some postage to ship it back. I didn't want that Humectress. So anyway they just said okay...whether they do it or not is another thing. I'm going to keep calling them and bugging them.

Anyway, I need to replace spiral and discount with some new vendors.

Wow, these stories are crazy. Thanks for the heads up ladies. They will never get my business. I hope all of your issues get resolved soon.

LocksOfLuV said:
They were supposed to send me a confirmation email for my return but they never did.:mad: Now I am calling them and no one is answering...Why do I get the feeling they have caller ID?? This is pathetic

FYI: They most likely are not there today. They are in Herndon, VA and this area just got hit by a big snow storm. Most people didn't go to work today. Good luck with them.

Queenie said:
FYI: They most likely are not there today. They are in Herndon, VA and this area just got hit by a big snow storm. Most people didn't go to work today. Good luck with them.

Oh okay, I feel bad now. But I came in here to update that I did get an email confirmation saying I am getting my money back. Thank goodness. Never again!

LocksOfLuV said:
Oh okay, I feel bad now. But I came in here to update that I did get an email confirmation saying I am getting my money back. Thank goodness. Never again!

Don't you dare feel bad. Of course you were correct in feeling like you did.

LocksOfLuV said:

Girl, it ain't over until that money posts back to your account!:lol:

preciousjewel76 said:
Girl, it ain't over until that money posts back to your account!:lol:

hell yeah! lol, i meant i felt bad for calling them like i was their crazy girlfriend.

Jas, believe me, i don't feel bad at all.

LocksOfLuV said:

Shoot...I checked my e-mail to see if they sent me anything!!! They didn't. I'm gonna just ask for a full refund.

Edit....Actually...how far is Herndon from Arlington? I might just give them a surprise visit tomorrow before work....

Last edited:
LocksOfLuV said:
*SMDH* I wish I knew the answer. From now on it will be Paynes or somewhere else.

Like Princess said I know I will continue to check my account online everyday, without fail.
Payne's should be able to provide you with great customer service, let me know of any problems, these are my relatives :lol:

alexstin said:
I just had a bad experience with discount-beauty.com. I was a loyal customer but not anymore.:mad:

What is it with so many black owned businesses and customer service?:confused:

I had a horrible experience with discount-beauty.com a few months ago. I'm never ordering from them again!

LocksOfLuV said:
hell yeah! lol, i meant i felt bad for calling them like i was their crazy girlfriend.

Jas, believe me, i don't feel bad at all.

Girl these companies turn us all into stalkers.:lol:

They play too much.

Did discount-beauty change owners or something?

Lextcy said:
Payne's should be able to provide you with great customer service, let me know of any problems, these are my relatives :lol:

Yeah I ordered from Payne's before and they are good. Good fast service. But one time they sent me Bantu No Lye when I wanted Bantu Lye.:lol: I can understand how they made the mistake, but I love Paynes. Tell them to get some dominican stuff along with Biolage and they are gonna be poppin!

LilChocolateMa said:
Shoot...I checked my e-mail to see if they sent me anything!!! They didn't. I'm gonna just ask for a full refund.

Edit....Actually...how far is Herndon from Arlington? I might just give them a surprise visit tomorrow before work....

Aww suky suky now.....:lol: Jas was right, we don't play over our products.:lachen:

I never ordered from Sheldeez based strictly upon the reviews of my LHCF sistahs in the past. This just confirms everything I have read. I'd NEVER order from them regardless of what prices they are throwing out there.

There have been too many bad reviews, period.

Well, I will say it again. I have never had a problem with orders from Sheldeez. But, if I didn't receive something, I would call and the manager always provided me with a response. Irby's and Payne's are great alternatives to keeping the money within the black community. And Irby's usually ships your products within the same week as the order is placed.

I am sorry that everyone is having these problems. I have not ordered in a long time because I wanted to support the boycott here on the LHCF. But, with the inclement weather and possible ice tomorrow, I wouldn't expect for Sheldeez to be open again until this Friday.

LilChocolateMa said:

Not very close :lol:

I am glad that I never ordered from them. Stuff like this burns me up. I hate poor customer service.

LocksOfLuV said:
It's the Biolage Leave In Tonic or something like that. Please tell me you have it?!:D

Yep ... I have it. (oh boy ... the life of a PJ :lol: ) I don't know where the top is though. It's a 13.5 oz bottle and I bought it about 4 months ago. I can't really see how much is in it but it feels like there is at least 75% of it in there. The snow is crazy out here so I won't be able to get to the post office until Saturday if you want it.

Sheldeez is one of the worst! I have had problems with them a few times and each time I swear I won't go back. It's those prices, though!! You can't beat it. I get my Keracare 32oz for 15.00, Biolage Daily leave in for 6 dollars, and everything else a lot cheaper than anybody else has it. I have been good for a while. I just need to stay strong and stay away from them.

LiLi said:
Yep ... I have it. (oh boy ... the life of a PJ :lol: ) I don't know where the top is though. It's a 13.5 oz bottle and I bought it about 4 months ago. I can't really see how much is in it but it feels like there is at least 75% of it in there. The snow is crazy out here so I won't be able to get to the post office until Saturday if you want it.

Heck yeah I want it, don't worry about that tops. I got plenty of old body splash bottle tops that can fit on it.

PM me when you are ready!:)

Browine518 said:
Sheldeez is one of the worst! I have had problems with them a few times and each time I swear I won't go back. It's those prices, though!! You can't beat it. I get my Keracare 32oz for 15.00, Biolage Daily leave in for 6 dollars, and everything else a lot cheaper than anybody else has it. I have been good for a while. I just need to stay strong and stay away from them.

Ain't it though....Damn mannn!

Back