Let me ask a question............

Shana'

After reading the cut and grow thread yesterday I decided to stop being stubborn and trim my raggedy ends. While my hair feels and looks better, I'm still sad that I had to cut my hair. Am I the only one that feels or has felt this way?????

After reading the cut and grow thread yesterday I decided to stop being stubborn and trim my raggedy ends. While my hair feels and looks better, I'm still sad that I had to cut my hair. Am I the only one that feels or has felt this way?????

This is how I feel too. I know I have splits and NEED to get rid of them but I hate to lose that inch-even if it is bad. Sigh.....

I have thin ends ( see fotki ) But I'm not going to cut them because I know that the rest of my hair has to catch up with it so it can be thicker. When I get Bsl or next Feb I will cut it. My ends arent dry or split their healthy. It just that some of my hair grew faster then others. I would feel sad too but it will soon grow back HTH:grin:

hun , i was the one that bumped up that thread and no way in hell im cutting my hair until I get to my goal . And when i say cut I mean 3 + , a trim for me is an inch or a lil more

i know how you feel. i would have been at midback length in May, but my ends were very thin so i went ahead and cut them off. i hope to be a midback by october or november.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that struggles with question, to cut or not. I had no idea how bad my ends were until I saw the back.......wow is all I could say.

I know how u feel. I was approaching BSL and had to cut back to APL.:wallbash: I'm on a no-trim challenge for the rest of the year which means I really have to baby my ends. Moisture-seal-moisture-seal is my mantra from now on!

I know how u feel. I was approaching BSL and had to cut back to APL.:wallbash: I'm on a no-trim challenge for the rest of the year which means I really have to baby my ends. Moisture-seal-moisture-seal is my mantra from now on!

That's what I need to do as well. What steps do you follow???

I could care less anymore. I stayed SL for years becus of stupid trims.nds looked the same short or long.
Now I'm like anti-trim..lol

I was like that... until I started to get so ragged, I HAD to cut. I cut 5.5 inches off. And my hair is growing back so fast. Im glad I did it now.

But a few months ago... you could NOT get me to cut off ANY of my hair if my life depended on it.:nono:

You dont HAVE to cut it... but if you arent caring for your ends, and they re getting raggedy you should get rid of them, because they will just snap off anyway and that's no good at all.

I was like that... until I started to get so ragged, I HAD to cut. I cut 5.5 inches off. And my hair is growing back so fast. Im glad I did it now.

But a few months ago... you could NOT get me to cut off ANY of my hair if my life depended on it.:nono:

You dont HAVE to cut it... but if you arent caring for your ends, and they re getting raggedy you should get rid of them, because they will just snap off anyway and that's no good at all.

Yeah, you're right:sad::yep:. My problem is I'm lazy. I'm good for a week with moisturizing ad sealing, after that everything else is more important than my ends. I have to break that trifling habit.

Yeah, you're right:sad::yep:. My problem is I'm lazy. I'm good for a week with moisturizing ad sealing, after that everything else is more important than my ends. I have to break that trifling habit.

No I know how you feel. It took me a YEAR to get over it. Itll come. Just dont be like me and have to cut off all your hair before you start being diligent about care.

I agree.When I first started I was so anti-scissors.:nono::ohwell:I don't think I could ever go back to terrible split,raggedy ends again.It feels good to let them go.

You're not the only one at all!!

I felt that way not too long ago but I got over it because my hair looks and feels much better. I had almost 2 inches of raggedy ends. It didn't look bad when the hair was natural but when I straightened it.....oh boy.....horrible!! The ends would stay frizzy and *****.....I thought I was SL but with all those old ends that I had to get rid off....I'm now NL.

Wow.....thanks for all of the encouraging words, ladies. I realized that keeping those bad ends would only make my journey harder. I just don't know how to get over the laziness, any suggestions???

Well Im glad this was posted because I have the same situation. My ends are really ,really damaged. I know I need to get a serious cut. I was considering waiting until my hair grew out some more but I think i'll do it now rather than later while i dont have much to lose. My hair is only neck length. It really needs to be cut back up to my ears. Im getting it cut this weekend so I can start fresh with no damage.

Back