Less is More

I was coming in here to contribute to a discussion, but Im so confused by the OPs post .... sheet, lemmi go shop for some products I dont need, then scurry about hiding bags so that my SO doesnt put me in the naughty corner.

woe is me... I is just a PJ outta control, my cat is starving, my turtles are starving, but I gotta have my WENNNNNNNNNNNN

:cry:

Sorry if I made it confusing. I prefer a satin pillow for my hair. I didnt say do it just for the SO. I said they would appreciate it

I need to start looking at the number of posts. I'm glad someone is always on top of it. Not only is it 6 posts but 6 posts in 4 years.

I really dont think that the number of posts means that what Im saying is wrong. Yes Ive been a member for 4yrs and thats a lot of time to read what the ladies are using.

Like them, my system works for me and I wanted to share. By the way, they also had 6 post at onetime

Not a 'sour subject' at all. Your approach to it was awkward. No description of your hair or pics along with a confusing OP. Were you challenging us to simplify our regimen, urging us to use Wen or Sabino, challenging us to flat iron, etc? Many of us are confused. Now you are responding to the universe. Lol. Nonie was helping you by showing you how to quote folks.

Eta: some people hate to be called love or sweetie. Lol.

Eta2: @Nonie, you should have included something about how to multiquote. :)

@allmundjoi, baby steps, baby steps. Since @juicecard has been around since 2008 and has never caught on the quoting, I didn't want to overwhelm her.

Anyway @juicecard, now that you know how to quote, if you want to respond to several people, you can quote all those people and respond to them in one post instead of having to do each one separately, and this is how you do it:

By clicking on the button that says
multiquote_off.png
under each post you want to respond to so that it turns to this color
multiquote_on.png
, you will have selected each of those posts. And you can do that through several pages if the thread is long. Once you have selected every post you want to address, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on
reply.png
. That will take you to a reply window with all those posts you selected quoted. Then you can post under each one whatever response you wanted to give it. If you accidentally click the
multiquote_off.png
button and it turns pink on a post you didn't mean to quote, you can click on it again and it turns back to blue. Only the posts with the pink MULTIQUOTE button will appear as quoted in your post.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing.

Your hair is healthy and thick looking. However, after 3 years post BC it doesn't seem as long as I thought it would be OP. Did you cut it to that length?

We all do not use a lot of products. I have argan oil, shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and a cheapie condish for my WNG. I am a minimalist by nature anyway, so too many products would overwhelm me.

I really dont think that the number of posts means that what Im saying is wrong. Yes Ive been a member for 4yrs and thats a lot of time to read what the ladies are using.

Like them, my system works for me and I wanted to share. By the way, they also had 6 post at onetime

I didn't say what you said was wrong. I just think the thread would have had a smoother start if you had just shared your experience with Wen vs. mixing a review with advice. You may have had great intentions, it just didn't come off that well.

There are many women on this board that use Wen and give their reviews often. I have no problem with Wen. Don't disagree with Wen being a great product for some. I do think the delivery was odd.

Not a 'sour subject' at all. Your approach to it was awkward. No description of your hair or pics along with a confusing OP. Were you challenging us to simplify our regimen, urging us to use Wen or Sabino, challenging us to flat iron, etc? Many of us are confused. Now you are responding to the universe. Lol. Nonie was helping you by showing you how to quote folks.

Eta: some people hate to be called love or sweetie. Lol.

Eta2: @Nonie, you should have included something about how to multiquote. :)
Maybe my approach was wrong. But at no time did I say go buy these. I shared what I was using and doing. I thanked Ms. Nonie for her help

Last edited:
Your hair is healthy and thick looking. However, after 3 years post BC it doesn't seem as long as I thought it would be OP. Did you cut it to that length?

We all do not use a lot of products. I have argan oil, shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and a cheapie condish for my WNG. I am a minimalist by nature anyway, so too many products would overwhelm me.

Many thanks! Yes, depending on my mood and the temp.

@allmundjoi, baby steps, baby steps. Since @juicecard has been around since 2008 and has never caught on the quoting, I didn't want to overwhelm her.

Anyway @juicecard, now that you know how to quote, if you want to respond to several people, you can quote all those people and respond to them in one post instead of having to do each one separately, and this is how you do it:

multiquote_off.png
multiquote_on.png
, you will have selected each of those posts. And you can do that through several pages if the thread is long. Once you have selected every post you want to address, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on
reply.png
. That will take you to a reply window with all those posts you selected quoted. Then you can post under each one whatever response you wanted to give it. If you accidentally click the
multiquote_off.png
button and it turns pink on a post you didn't mean to quote, you can click on it again and it turns back to blue. Only the posts with the pink MULTIQUOTE button will appear as quoted in your post.

Many thanks....

I think the focus was turned to Wen because it was listed.

I def understand what you were trying to say. Less is def more. After switching from a commercial shampoo to the terressentials shampoo, I no longer needed many products I once used and my progress reflects that.

juicecard, I would agree that less can be more. I don't use too many products when washing and styling. My regimen consists of washing with cleanser or shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in or styler. I just use different products each time I wash. I love variety, trying different products is fun and my hair isn't suffering. Variety is the spice of life.

And sometimes, I do get in the mood where I might want to add a rinse after my conditioner or do a pre-poo the day before or put some oil on my scalp. I enjoy these things.

I would like to thank you wonderful ladies for being products junkies and sharing your regimen . But, I wonder why some of you use so much product on your hair? My hair is extremely healthy , shiny and has unbelievable movement.

Some of you say that you wont invest in WEN 316 . Look at products that are no longer in your regimen under your sink. You may have 2 or more bottles of the 316 once you add it up.:yep:

Try this challenge for a month and stop stressing over your locks! I’m sure you will appreciate not having all the hair maintenance and your significant other will enjoy not seeing a bag.

I use the products below, flat iron on 350, a satin pillowcase (no wraps or scarves) henna with indigo and Sabino moisture block.

attachment.php

juicecard,

I didn't see the confusion in the post at all, I assumed she was talking to those that have many products (maybe the product junkies) and challenging them to minimize their products to just a few. She shared how she benefits from using and having a small stash that works well for her. Still though OP, not all product junkies are stressing over their locs, they just like sampling and trying new products :look:

lol Too much work using more.

What do you mean by that?

I have a fair amount of products because I do use a lot at any given time depending on what I'm doing with my hair. If I am deep conditioning, I can use a lot especially if I'm detangling. I can use 1/3 bottle of Sauve Conditioner if I'm cowashing henna out. I go through leave-ins pretty often depending on how often I have to use it. With working out and sweating often, I have to use a leave-in more often to preserve my hair. I rather use more conditioner to keep from breaking my hair than use less for the sake of using less and experience more breakage/damage.

I wash my hair 2x weekly so that's a lot of cleansing conditioner, regular conditioner, etc. I go though shampoo less often because I only use it once every other week.

I can't use products with glycerin too much in the winter so I save them for the spring and summer. Heavier butters are good in the winter, but not so much in the summer.

multiquote_off.png
multiquote_on.png
reply.png
multiquote_off.png

Thanks for this Nonie! I've been a member since 2005... and I could never figure out how multi quotes worked! I just copy and pasted what people said and used the proper codes... :lol: ...I won't be doing that anymore! :spinning:

using a ton of products to produce one outcome is a lot.
but a lot of folks here like variety or to be able to switch up from time to time. certain things work in different seasons, or for different reasons. your hair may work fine with 5 or 6 products all year around.

but for you to have an account for that length of time, not barely post anything during the course of the time, people, including myself will think you are on some type of spam.

you should know how things work around here. you went straight into criticism and kicking off a challenge. there is an unwritten rule that you need to get your feet wet before you start kicking off controversial topics. you should have reintroduced yourself and tell us about your hair and reggie. but hey, you live and you learn. look forward to seeing more of your posts OP.

Thanks for the clarification. Stating "try this challenge", when a challenge wasn't identified was a bit confusing to me. Your hair looks nice in the pic and hey, good look with the challenge.

Sorry if I made it confusing. I prefer a satin pillow for my hair. I didnt say do it just for the SO. I said they would appreciate it

not a problem ... I was just being sarcastic ... you know, making a joke. :grin:
I would never ever let my kitty and turtles starve :yep:
And my BF could not care less what I use my own money to buy.

Why don't you just start a less is more challenge for 2013. Make your opening more positive like "Tired of being a product junkie well hop on board this train". Then set a limit for total products used similar to the K.I.S.S threads.

I swear I thought you worked for WEN.
Part of trying new products is the variety- the packaging, fragrance, texture, and feel all contribute to the experience. It's not always about needing a lot of product all at once.

^^A less is more challenge is a good idea. I wouldn't participate but I bet many would. I have a wide variety of hair products...and perfume, polishes, shoes, bags, etc. That's just how I like to get down. :yep:

Back