Lemme Tell Y'all About Did Hurr Dc I Got

L.Brown1114

Firsted of all its joico k-pak moisture recovery balm. This stuff is the real MVP. When I first used it my hair was still dry and the consistency and color made it look like Vaseline. But I ain't one to give up on a negro so I tried it again using a better conditioner because last time I had to borrow my roommates and lets just say she ain't into hair care. I got that rusk stuff.

DCd for 30 mins under a heating cap and after a false alarm of thinking I was dying from an allergic reaction to my African roommates authentic African food she made me try and a quick encounter with the EMTs who rolled their eyes and told me to pop a Benedryl, I realized my hair had dried about 80% no product. I couldn't believe how SOFT my hair was!! It felt like I put a texturizer on it. My curls were clumped together which NEVER happens and usually when my hair dries that much without product it feels crunchy and dry and not soft at all honey child.

Woke up today and my hair wasn't as dry as it usually is after I wake up. Spritzed a little h2o on that bad boy with my regular leave in and oil and let me tell yall RIGHT now it's been 5 hours and my hair still feels moisturized!!! And still going strong!!!

My hair before this was bleached and crispity crackity dry. It felt dry not even an hour after moisturizing it.

Yall better run down to TJ maxx and marshalls before I buy it all

Firsted of all its joico k-pak moisture recovery balm. This stuff is the real MVP. When I first used it my hair was still dry and the consistency and color made it look like Vaseline. But I ain't one to give up on a negro so I tried it again using a better conditioner because last time I had to borrow my roommates and lets just say she ain't into hair care. I got that rusk stuff.

DCd for 30 mins under a heating cap and after a false alarm of thinking I was dying from an allergic reaction to my African roommates authentic African food she made me try and a quick encounter with the EMTs who rolled their eyes and told me to pop a Benedryl, I realized my hair had dried about 80% no product. I couldn't believe how SOFT my hair was!! It felt like I put a texturizer on it. My curls were clumped together which NEVER happens and usually when my hair dries that much without product it feels crunchy and dry and not soft at all honey child.

Woke up today and my hair wasn't as dry as it usually is after I wake up. Spritzed a little h2o on that bad boy with my regular leave in and oil and let me tell yall RIGHT now it's been 5 hours and my hair still feels moisturized!!! And still going strong!!!

My hair before this was bleached and crispity crackity dry. It felt dry not even an hour after moisturizing it.

Yall better run down to TJ maxx and marshalls before I buy it all

Girl I stay in TJ maxx, Marshalls, ross etc buying up all the shampoo/conditioner.

I'm kinda sad. I tried a lot of Joico products and this one twice and it has never worked for me. The only thing that had my hair looking fantastic was the silk result line that they discontinued.

I'm kinda sad. I tried a lot of Joico products and this one twice and it has never worked for me. The only thing that had my hair looking fantastic was the silk result line that they discontinued.
Yeah it didn't work for me either. And I liked that line you mentioned. Glad you had a great dc'ing experience OP

Child ain't I told you that you'd thank me later in your last thread :giggle:

Enjoy! Your hair is about to flourish :yep:

I CANNOT wait. So glad I found this, getting silicone mix was a hassle so im glad i decided to switch! I'm even thinking after a month of DCing I can do a texlax on my previously bleached hair :look:

LOL, did y'all see this crazy lady say that she thought that she was DYING? OMG. Anyway, thanks for the product tip.

I was about to die!! My throat was closing up!! But since that was my only symptom and I could still talk clearly they chalked it up to an anxiety attack. Whatever....:rolleyes:

LOL, so glad all is well and you found a product you love!

Years ago....I used to come in here and SAAAANG praises about JOICO. My texlaxed or flat ironed hair LOOOOVES it! My curly hair not so much, gotta stick to Aveda...I think.

You said you used another conditioner with it? Did you mix the Joico with something else and then dc? Or did you dc with the Joico and quickie condition with something else after?

no sorry for the confusion. I shampood both time before I DCd. The first time I left my regular conditioner (trader joes nourishing spa) at home when i went back to college I had to shampoo so I just borrowed my room mates and hers was some herbal essences conditioner that I stopped using because of the cones. I then washed my hair again and havent been back home so I picked up the Rusk sensories calm conditioner which has great ingredients and a salon brand before my second DC with the joico product so it maybe uppity and only perform well with salon brands since my shampoo is salon brand as well

I've been putting this conditioner in my cart and leaving it everyry single time I go to TJM. I don't want to get addicted to another conditioner... especially if it's not all natural. However I want to try this and the KPAK.

Back