Leaving relaxer in for more than an hour!?!?

Austro-Afrikana

I just found out that my partner's sister leaves her relaxer on for up to an hour and a half when she retouches! I'm surprised her hair hasn't fallen out, although it is extremely dry and overprocessed...
I'm so shocked i just had to tell you lot, lol.

ewwwwwww could you imagine the pussss.... let alone the pain u would feel iffff u left a relaxer on that long that is crazy

how long is her hair by the way OP???

some people just have "that" kind of hair... my sister does the most unhealthy things to her hair but her hair continues to thrive... go figure...if I leave my relaxer in 2 minutes too long I will experience breakage... wonder why she feels the need to leave it in so long.

I've seen a lot of people do this before to their head and stylist do this to clients. Its because they figure if you keep it on longer it will get straighter. Really they are just incinerating their hair. :wallbash::nono:

She must really have some strong hair! If she took care of it properly, I bet she'd make it to WL! LOL

I can attest to having unhealthy things done to my hair and yet it grew. As a child my mom relaxed my hair from root to tip each touch up every 4 weeks on the dot. I had the longest hair in my family and my mom did not base my scalp.:sad:: My hair was MBL. The only thing I did was wash every 2 weeks, blow dry, use sulfur 8, and curl with a curling iron. :lachen: I did not know how to roller set. I touched up my relaxers the same way and my hair thrived.:grin: Only when I tried to relax properly is when my relaxers did not "take" to my hair.:nono: To this day, sulfur 8 makes my hair thrive. I'm too afraid to try to do the touch up my mom did, but sometimes it makes me so tempted.:rolleyes: The method works for some, I'm just saying. My mother never did leave my relaxers on for an hour, though.:lachen:

She used to put it on the entire length until i told her off. She won't listen to me on the length of time though...and she uses super strength.

:perplexed:blush::shocked::burning:

I have never heard of or seen a beautican do this kind of thing. I am shocked!!! If I did something like that I would be bald with all kind of sores on my head!!!

that makes me cringe just reading it :nono:

don't the chemical burn through HUMAN SKIN in much less time than that?

ITA I would love to see pics of her hair. She is a walking experiment at the very least the exception to every rule in the book about relaxers and proper touch ups.

I've seen a lot of people do this before to their head and stylist do this to clients. Its because they figure if you keep it on longer it will get straighter. Really they are just incinerating their hair. :wallbash::nono:
why don't they just stop being lazy and smooth it in really well. good grief!

I can attest to having unhealthy things done to my hair and yet it grew. As a child my mom relaxed my hair from root to tip each touch up every 4 weeks on the dot. I had the longest hair in my family and my mom did not base my scalp.:sad:: My hair was MBL. The only thing I did was wash every 2 weeks, blow dry, use sulfur 8, and curl with a curling iron. :lachen: I did not know how to roller set. I touched up my relaxers the same way and my hair thrived.:grin: Only when I tried to relax properly is when my relaxers did not "take" to my hair.:nono: To this day, sulfur 8 makes my hair thrive. I'm too afraid to try to do the touch up my mom did, but sometimes it makes me so tempted.:rolleyes: The method works for some, I'm just saying. My mother never did leave my relaxers on for an hour, though.:lachen:

Girl I LOVE Sulfur 8, I just reincorporated it back into my hair routine.

:nono: :nono: :nono: I got a headache reading this post. I can't even begin to imagine. My scalp would fall of along with what little hair was left....

Back