Leaving in your deep conditioner?

YellowMellow

Ok this a weird question. But recently I bought Sally's version of macadamia oil deep repair masque. When I put it in my hair it made my curls just POP! Like never before!!! Lol by using this as a leave in... Am I risking getting "mushy" hair?

Off the top of my head, I have used darcysbotanicals.com Pumpkin Seed DC and happynappyhoney.com's Pink Sugar Hibiscus DC as leave-ins and have not experienced mushy hair. They work great as DCs and LIs.

I think there are some DCs that can be used as leave-ins - however I think they're probably not the best DCs! Deep conditioning should provide really penetrative moisture. I side eye any DC that doesn't over moisturize hair when left in because to me that says it's not moisturizing enough to truly count as a DC in the first place.

I get my best hair using deep conditioners or reconstructors as leave ins. My hair is usually so juicy and moist, which is interesting because I have very fine hair. Currently I have in Giovanni Nutrafix. I've also used Aphogee 2 minute and Wen ReMoist Deep Treatment

Wow this is interesting! Thanks for all the input. Its nice to know I'm not the only one! I guess I'm still on hunt for a good DC. But I have found my perfect leave in that's for sure.

I just tried this.

I didn't leave it all in completely. I had my hair still in twists and rinsed the DC lightly. There was still quite a bit left in my hair, but not as heavy as leaving it all in. When it all dried I put some burdock root cream on and sealed with coconut oil. My hair is so soft today and my hair is never soft the day after wash day:lol:.

I tried using my Shea Moisture Manucka Honey Masque as a leave-in yesterday and it was the bomb.com for my hair. I plan to use it both ways - I stocked up on a few jars thank heavens! My hair smells so good when I use this stuff.

I tried using my Shea Moisture Manucka Honey Masque as a leave-in yesterday and it was the bomb.com for my hair. I plan to use it both ways - I stocked up on a few jars thank heavens! My hair smells so good when I use this stuff.

It doesn't leave your hair mushy as a leave in?
Yes I agree it smells so darn good. I think I'm going to get the body products.

I tried this successfully last year using slightly watered down Aussie 3MM and totally forgot about it. Thanks for jogging my memory OP.

Man oh man :) I finally experienced what it's like to have your curls melt! I used this as my dc and then added just a tiny bit to my leave in. First wash n go ever where my hair isn't tangling on itself!

Attachments

• image-2867269.jpg
    image-2867269.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2955709867.jpg
    image-2955709867.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 51
Back