Leave Ins That Don't Cause Reversion?

I've found that my texturized hair grows best when straight and it's easier for me to deal with. Does anyone know of a light weight leave in conditioner that moisturizes without causing reversion? Big bonus if the smell is not over powering. ( I searched the site for a similar thread and was unable to find one. Please delete if there is a duplicate.)

I just use grapeseed oil when my hair is straight. It's lightweight and full of ceramides! Straightened hair should be already moisturized from within or you'll get heat damage. The oil continually seals in that moisture. My press lasted 3 weeks using this and cantu dry shampoo. I got caught in the rain and had to wash it. LOL!

I just use grapeseed oil when my hair is straight. It's lightweight and full of ceramides! Straightened hair should be already moisturized from within or you'll get heat damage. The oil continually seals in that moisture. My press lasted 3 weeks using this and cantu dry shampoo. I got caught in the rain and had to wash it. LOL!

Thank you! I've never tried grapeseed oil before. I did notice with the use of sweet almond oil that I had similar results, but I didn't pay it any mind. I'll pay attention this time to see how it feels from day to day.

I love Hydratherma Hair Growth Lotion - Not sure if it is water based but I don't experience any reversion. Just a dab will do.

I googled it and I didn't see all of the ingredients. It did say on the product site that it has a lot of emu oil so maybe that's something to try. I'll look around to see if I can find it in a trail size. It's rained almost every day the past couple weeks with more coming so I still haven't straightened my hair, lol.

I can't use the Chi Silk Infusion, since it's a protein based serum. I like Design Essentials Silk Essentials, but that is protein too.
One and only Argan oil is good. It has oil in it. Grapeseed oil is good too as a sealant.
Just make sure you focus on the moisture during shampoo and conditioning. Thirsty hair poofs up and reverts, trying to get moisture from the air.

I would suggest a hair lotion or butter. I use Camille Rose's JAI twist butter. No reversion and it makes my hair super soft and moisturized. I only use a small dab and concentrate most of it on my ends.

Grapeseed oil is the lightest oil for straight hair. I also use Herbal Essences Bombshell blowout cream or Frizz Ease Straight Fixation.

This week I'm only using grapeseed oil, because I need those ceramides to strengthen my ends.

Back