Leave-in conditioner instead of braids spray?

Nice

Hey ladies,

I got braids done is past Saturday /images/graemlins/cool.gif. I am considering using a spray leave-in instead of braids spray to keep my hair moisturized. Do you think it is a good idea?

Thanks in advance

LOL...I'm sorry, but when I saw this thread, I thought that someone with braid experience would respond. Well, I'll give it a shot.

Get some Aciete de Mosca, from and BBS that sells dominican products; apply with a cotton ball or q-tip to the roots. That will keep your scalp moisturize, without the weight of grease, but use sparingly, as it's a liquid and you don't want to get it all over clothes.

As for sprays, I think that many of the ladies recommend a spray by IC...I haven't used it, but maybe someone else can add their 2 pence.

I use Scurl No-drip spray on my braids only. For my scalp I use a concoction of diluted infusium 23 mixed w/jojoba oil & tree tree oil. It seems to work for me. I don't have any problems with itchiness or dry scalp.

I really like Dark & Lovely's citrus braid spray. I use a braid leave-in conditioner only after I would wash my braids, but I used the Dark & Lovely spray everyday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*ETA: the braid spray has glycerin in it and really keeps my hair moisturized, I don't think most leave in conditoners have any or enough glycerin to be used exclusively as a braid spray to moisturize your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
I really like Dark & Lovely's citrus braid spray. I use a braid leave-in conditioner only after I would wash my braids, but I used the Dark & Lovely spray everyday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*ETA: the braid spray has glycerin in it and really keeps my hair moisturized, I don't think most leave in conditoners have any or enough glycerin to be used exclusively as a braid spray to moisturize your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about that /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif. Thanks for responding.

@Webby - Thanks girl!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back