Learn somethin' new every day....VODKA clarifies your hair!

lilsparkle825

I am a faithful subscriber to Women's Health magazine, and they emailed out a quiz today about home remedies. One of the questions was "T or F: Increase the cleansing power of your shampoo with a splash of vodka." Of course I said false, but I was WRONG! Here's the explanation:

-------------------------------------------

Vodka is good for more than making cosmopolitans. The clear alcohol has an acidic pH that helps cleanse hair of the buildup brought on by coloring, chlorine, and other products, says Eva Scrivo, owner of Eva Scrivo Salon in New York. Getting rid of the buildup reveals the healthy hair beneath.

How to use: Buy an extra bottle of your favorite shampoo and add a splash of vodka to it. Use the spiked shampoo only once a week so the alcohol won’t overdry your hair. Stick to the regular formula for daily use.

-------------------------------------------

Of course, most of us don't use shampoo that often, but I still thought it was interesting. A way to make your own clarifying/chelating poo? Anyone ever heard this?

This sounds like a bad idea. Like adding baking soda to shampoo that already has sulfates in it...

I dont know if i want to put vodka in my hair instead of in my mouth ... but is good to know lol

^^^Haha, yeah, me and my ORS Creamy Aloe are tight. I just thought it was interesting....since I can't drink anymore, this could potentially be a solution for all that Smirnoff on my liquor shelf! :lachen:

^^^Haha, yeah, me and my ORS Creamy Aloe are tight. I just thought it was interesting....since I can't drink anymore, this could potentially be a solution for all that Smirnoff on my liquor shelf! :lachen:

I can take care of all that Smirnoff for you :sekret:

I'd imagine it would clarify, that mess is rough for drinking (its intednded purpose) So I could definately see it ripping the build up off your hair

i saw kirstie alley on oprah talking about how vodka is a good cleanser for furniture/hardwood floors, etc.

Huh, who would have thought. I learned something today. I know you can put asprin in your shampoo to make it clarifying as well. Aspirin is an acid, so I guess it works the same way as the vodka.

I can take care of all that Smirnoff for you :sekret:

I'll save that ish for drinking thanks! :D

My alcoholic cousins would say "Blasphemy!!!"

a lie boo! the dranky drank is for drinking lol. don't waste the liquor! :rofl:
Dang!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:This would be an ill-fated decision, please don't try it.:nono: Don't we already shy away from products with alcohol in them? How much is a "splash" of Vodka? In how much and what type of shampoo?

Back