LCM's One Month Twist Out Challange! *Pics*

ScandalousBeauty

Naturals...My First Successful Twist-Out!!! Yaaaay! *Pics*

On Friday, I was going through post after post about our hair drama, and I looked at my hair in the mirror. I was like dag, it is GREAT being natural, but I want other options! I grabbed a relaxer kit, grease, gloves, and almost self texlaxed! I based my hair...and RAN to the shower to do a co-wash. If I washed it I knew I couldn't texlax. :ohwell: WTF? That was random, I know.

So, after I was washed and dried, I decided to put some twists in, I did around 25-30. I am going to do them for 1 month straight, experimenting with different products and methods. I am pleased with the result, and maybe it will be better for my hair to stay in twist outs, since I tamper with it too much daily. I'll let y'all know how it goes!!!

DSCN1270-1.jpg

Last edited:
Whew!!!!! That was a close call! LOL

Twist outs are the best!!! :yep: That is my daily style. My hair stays moisturized and I don't have to manipulate it by combing at all. I comb it once a week. This week I have just kept it twists (about 20) and pinned it up because I have been studying for exams this week.

Hope this works out for you.

LOL...I KNOW!!!! My cousin who is a stylist left in my bathroom "in case I needed an emergency touch up". I forgot it was there, until I had that sudden urge to texlax. I kept reading that it was "the best of both worlds" and you can add oils to it to make it less effective and all that crap. I was getting more and more tempted by the second! I miraculously found scalp base, gloves, neutralizing shampoo, EVERYTHING! It was crazy. And I thought...if I make this impulse move and have straight ends or uneven coverage I will be SO damn angry. Thats when I ran to the shower and slapped shampoo in my hair, that way I knew I physically couldn't get a texlax. I am still slightly considering a texlax however, I'd love to do my rollersets again!!!! :look:

Naughty girl, what were you doing with a relaxer laying around, hmmm? :hammer:

LOL...I KNOW!!!! My cousin who is a stylist left in my bathroom "in case I needed an emergency touch up". I forgot it was there, until I had that sudden urge to texlax. I kept reading that it was "the best of both worlds" and you can add oils to it to make it less effective and all that crap. I was getting more and more tempted by the second! I miraculously found scalp base, gloves, neutralizing shampoo, EVERYTHING! It was crazy. And I thought...if I make this impulse move and have straight ends or uneven coverage I will be SO damn angry. Thats when I ran to the shower and slapped shampoo in my hair, that way I knew I physically couldn't get a texlax. I am still slightly considering a texlax however, I'd love to do my rollersets again!!!! :look:

That sound like the devil. Just blame it on the devil. And keep it moving. The devil made you almost do it. It works for people across the nation all the time. HAHAHAHA!

I've never been at that place. But, I know how tempting it is to want to get a different style. That's when I braid it up or get a weave. I am really creative. And my hair has to express that creativity. I couldn't be locked into a relaxer and I can't be locked into nappy hair. With my nappy hair I truly do have the best of both worlds. Because I don't care how great your texlax looks, it will never look like my nappy hair, but I can get where you are and beyond.

Back