Lauryn Hill's Hair

cottoncoily

I know there is already a thread on twists but I didn't want to hijack it with this question. I'm getting tired of my daily wash and gos and I'm looking for a new style. I saw a Lauryn Hill pic of her hair when it was short and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to achieve this look? It looks like twists but I'm not sure. If they are twists does anyone know how big I should make them? Her hair looks short but full (you can't see her scalp) and I want to know what methods to use to get full twists like that even though my hair is short (see fotki for exact length). Anyways I'm done rambling. Here is the pic.

lauryn_hill_6.34192156_std.jpg

Any tips?

They look like comb coils, made without a lot of gel, that are about 2-3 weeks old. :yep: Or.... a strawset! Yeah. A really tight strawset, still a couple of weeks old.

Someone did this type of style on my hair when I first BC'd...its like what Kiya said. She used Kenra Styling gel or whatever its called and a comb and she just shaped my curls like what u see on Lauryn's head.

Yeah when my hair was shorter I could do this w/the end of a rat tail comb and some gel. It's a really cute style I hope it turns out well.

It looks like it could be twists that were then rolled and maybe pinned in place as well. I've seen ppl do this with locs.

Ha! You'd betta have that pic of Linda Sims from Ailey as your avatar, lol. LOVES IT!

Ok back to the thread...

lol! I love Alvin Ailey. I waiting for them to come to the Columbus area again so I can go see them

It looks like it could be twists that were then rolled and maybe pinned in place as well. I've seen ppl do this with locs.

I was thinking this too but I wasn't sure. I twisted my hair yesterday but I'm going to let them get a little old before I try to roll them.

yeah those are two stand twists that are pinned close together. you shouldn't have to wait for them to get old to roll them. her hair looks fresh and she doesn't have any frizzies if you know what i'm talking about.

I did something similar (very similar to this) with bantu knots. At that time I had a bob although still natural.

Thank you everyone for your input. Who knew there were so many ways to do one style. Eventually I'll try all of them and see which one I like best.

Back