Last night in the Harold's Chicken Place.

If I were youI would be like "Am I your sister though?" repeating that 6 or 7 times then finish by calling her a fool. About calling you a liar does she know you to be chatting pure breeze.

But the other woman was very nice and sweet.

I can't believe the nerve of some people, SMDH.
ETA: Dh is from Chicago, I asked him if he knew this Harold's chicken. His words: "yeah, it's real hood down there, anything on King." :lachen::lachen::lachen:

^^ LOL, sounds like his assessment is right on point :lachen:

I want to link to this thread the next time the ladies get on the "haters don't exist" stuff. SMDH. Yes, Virginia, Haters DO exist!

Funny thread... made me hungry!!!Been to harolds a few years back its good... Not in chicago, in kansas city, and our ghetto chicken place is "Go chicken,Go".. with a red bird on the box running.. What kinda name is that for a chicken place??? Aint that hood!!!! But good chicken!! Ok sorry OP...

You must live in a town where folks are as rude and heck. You've mentioned quite a few times about someone saying something nasty or rude about your hair. What's wrong with the folks in your neighborhood?

Forget that chick. :rolleyes:

On to more important things :giggle: I didn't know there was a Harold's on 35th and King. That's my old hood. Well, actually my mom still lives in the area. Down the street from the bootleg Chicken and Waffles place.

So, was the chicken any good. And what happened to Wings Around the World.

I rep the Harold's on 43 and Cottage or 47th St right off Michigan.

Bootleg Roscoes so thats where it is at. There was a lot of problems with that place because they wanted to use the name Roscoes and the real Roscoes were like :nono: I don't eat at Harold;s but I did get some for a friend one day and some of those people on 35th and King are kind of :ohwell:. This is one of the few places in the world where someone actually came up and pulled my hair to see if it was real. I am like WTF. In that very same harold's When I bring Harolds for my Friends mom who lives on 63 and King I just go to the one on the North Side on Clark and Roll down there. I don't stop at the other places cause folks can be kind of extra.

Some of these folks are the reason why one would keep a lawyer and bails bondsman on speed dial.

You handled it very well

On to more important things :giggle: I didn't know there was a Harold's on 35th and King. That's my old hood. Well, actually my mom still lives in the area. Down the street from the bootleg Chicken and Waffles place.

The rudeness of folks is not funny, but my first thought was, "Yeah MJ, you do not want to be banned from Harold's," which IS funny (that being my first thought and how tragic being banned from Harolds would be)... Mine is on 79th street.

Last edited:
You must live in a town where folks are as rude and heck. You've mentioned quite a few times about someone saying something nasty or rude about your hair. What's wrong with the folks in your neighborhood?

Its pretty much the entire south side of Chicago. You can't really get away from it. Well, unless you move.

But I love my city, flaws and all.

Its pretty much the entire south side of Chicago. You can't really get away from it. Well, unless you move.

But I love my city, flaws and all.

I live in the South--folks here will at least be nice to your face even if they talk behind your back :lol: Chicago sounds brutal :nono: That's too much boldness for me. Seems like where ever you go you're bound to be attacked verbally.

I live in the South--folks here will at least be nice to your face even if they talk behind your back :lol: Chicago sounds brutal :nono: That's too much boldness for me. Seems like where ever you go you're bound to be attacked verbally.

No, its not that extreme. But you can kind of expect this kind of ignorance in the more "urban" areas of the city.

Despite being located elsewhere, I just had to get in on this Chi-town thread...My Harold's, when I come home, is on 71st off Western--At least I hope that it's still there.

About the hater...it's so weird that she would call OP a liar based on what her sister has to do to get nice twists, not on any known 411 about the OP to the contrary of her statement. I mean, how did she know that OP isn't a licensed hair stylist? Yeah, 35th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive can be rough and tumble, but if you travel south past 71st you will run into some good people.

Last edited:
What I SHAME!!! I have never understood the need to spend energy, time, and breathe hating on someone. You're only making yourself look ignorant. Like another poster said she's just mad she has no skill!!! Instead of hating she should've asked for some classes!

Awwwww I miss my hometown of Chicago.:sad: Gotta love the people!:lachen: I used to go to the Harolds on 51st street right by the Greenline train and the one downtown near Harrison by columbia college.:lick:

The area around 71st and king onward is very nice. The apartments are huge over there and in the neighbourhoods are nice and well maintained. Dh and I sometimes like to go on 75th to East at the Soul Vegetarian East. Man I love the Garvey Burgers. totally Vegan and go good. The houses around that area are so lovely and the streets are clean and they have lovely Block clubs with the big signs saying

No loud music
no fixing cars on the street and one interesting sign say that and added

NO BRAIDING Hair on the front porch thats what you go an inside for. :grin:

35th and King sometimey

Despite being located elsewhere, I just had to get in on this Chi-town thread...My Harold's, when I come home, is on 71st off Western--At least I hope that it's still there.

About the hater...it's so weird that she would call OP a liar based on what her sister has to do to get nice twists, not on any known 411 about the OP to the contrary of her statement. I mean, how did she know that OP isn't a licensed hair stylist? Yeah, 35th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive can be rough and tumble, but if you travel south past 71st you will run into some good people.

Funny thread... made me hungry!!!Been to harolds a few years back its good... Not in chicago, in kansas city, and our ghetto chicken place is "Go chicken,Go".. with a red bird on the box running.. What kinda name is that for a chicken place??? Aint that hood!!!! But good chicken!! Ok sorry OP...
Lol ghetto it is! I don't go much but when I do you best believe I'm watching my surroundings, looking like a bobble head when I'm in drive thru.

dag... old girl was bold callin you a liar right there in ya face.

OT: i can't wait to have Harolds next time i'm in chicago. that chicken was :lick:

That's where the Harold's is and Yes the food is good.

I shoulda said this earlier, this chick didn't realize I heard what she said, the other young lady saw the look on my face and knew what I heard it. I've grown a very thick skin when it comes to hair, simply because I know it beautiful. Today I went to get a coat, I got so many compliments from women in Burlington Coat Factory, so I know girlfriend looked at the healthy beautiful hair growing out of my head and wished that scary looking relaxer she had look as good, Now ladies with relaxers this is NOT a dig at you because some of yall make me wanna get a relaxer, But hers was horrible. I shoulda wrote down this website for her.:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Man, folks in Chicago will say anything. It was best not to respond. She might have tried to fight you. BTW can you send me a 3 wing w/mild sauce, I really miss mild sauce.

Negative! I went once (about a decade ago) to the one in Roseland. They gave us cold chicken with ketchup on it!!! Never again!

I go to the one on 87th & Dan Ryan. I also heard that the one off of 167th by Loews Cineplex is real good

I am moreso into Sharks now though. I like the one off of 95th & Dan Ryan (Halsted) right next to the gas station. Catfish nuggets with mild sauce. Yes!!! :lachen:

OK sorry, I know this is supposed to be about hair.
that on on 87th is good.. but i always get distrracted going up to docks..

i keep forgetting this thread is about hair :look:

op she was rude.. KIM you know how black folks in the CHI can get

Back