Last night I did my hair and

krissynick

Well i have an interview tmw so yesterday i decided to rollerset my hair ... and all when well until when i had to blow it out at the end... today my hair is nice with a lot of body but its really frizzing and my hands keep gett jagged when i run my hands through it. Last nigth before i went to bed i put some profective leave in strengthner on it and some serum for the frizz but its still frizzy and i cant run myk hair through it... smoothly.. and i am only 2 weeks post a relaxer so i have basically no NG

I keep on brushing it so it wont frizz up but i dont want to keep doing this... did i do smething wrong?

I think your hair is sticking together because it's not properly straightened and you may have applied too much product. It's possible that you may need to smooth each section with a comb and then flat iron it straight, bump the ends.

It sounds like you're wanting to avoid direct heat and if that's the case, then ignore my advice. :yep:

Ok Stop whateever u are doing. Go wash your hair you used too much product. DC with a good moisturizing conditioner. Rollerset youor hair the most you need is a dime size amount of leave in (something creamy). Keep away from th blow dryer and brushes thats too much heat and manipulation. When done apply a dime size (or smaller) of moisturizer and wrap your hair and wrap it with Saram wrap and go under the dryer for 5 minutes no more. You will see a big difference. Good luck.

Ok Stop whateever u are doing. Go wash your hair you used too much product. DC with a good moisturizing conditioner. Rollerset youor hair the most you need is a dime size amount of leave in (something creamy). Keep away from th blow dryer and brushes thats too much heat and manipulation. When done apply a dime size (or smaller) of moisturizer and wrap your hair and wrap it with Saram wrap and go under the dryer for 5 minutes no more. You will see a big difference. Good luck.

Actually i did not use too much product.. i wash ... dc ... roller set with water.. and blow out the roots.. after i put a tiny pit of serum and moisturizer... So can you tell me what else did i do wrong cause i certainly did not use too much product. Alos when I do a roller set and I have some new growth I have to blow it out or it wont lay flat...

I think your hair is sticking together because it's not properly straightened and you may have applied too much product. It's possible that you may need to smooth each section with a comb and then flat iron it straight, bump the ends.

It sounds like you're wanting to avoid direct heat and if that's the case, then ignore my advice. :yep:

ur right..i dont think i straightened it properly or maybe it wasnt fully dry yet.. after the rollerset

The minute you said Profectiv Leave-in, I knew exactly what it was. Because its more of a gel-like consistancy, it used to do the same thing to my hair. Thats why I use only a deep conditioner and a serum for shine. Also, the leave-in makes hair sticky when you apply excessive heat to it. Try something lighter, of a creamier consistancy. My favorite product for straightening hair is Hamadi shea leave-in and Garnier Sleek and Shine. Also, the Garnier leave-in is better, IMO

Actually i did not use too much product.. i wash ... dc ... roller set with water.. and blow out the roots.. after i put a tiny pit of serum and moisturizer... So can you tell me what else did i do wrong cause i certainly did not use too much product. Alos when I do a roller set and I have some new growth I have to blow it out or it wont lay flat...

Krissy, I have frizzy hair with my rollersets when my hair does not dry completely. HTH

The minute you said Profectiv Leave-in, I knew exactly what it was. Because its more of a gel-like consistancy, it used to do the same thing to my hair. Thats why I use only a deep conditioner and a serum for shine. Also, the leave-in makes hair sticky when you apply excessive heat to it. Try something lighter, of a creamier consistancy. My favorite product for straightening hair is Hamadi shea leave-in and Garnier Sleek and Shine. Also, the Garnier leave-in is better, IMO

Hmm im trying to remember if i applied heat to it..before the profectiv or after... i think it was after. so what do you think is the issue now?

Hmm im trying to remember if i applied heat to it..before the profectiv or after... i think it was after. so what do you think is the issue now?

Did you deep condition your hair? did you shampoo?

Honestly, try doing this style again or losing the Profectiv for a while to see any change.It really could be the product or it could be that your hair isn't moisturized enough. Also, when is the last time you clarified you hair?

Did you deep condition your hair? did you shampoo?

Honestly, try doing this style again or losing the Profectiv for a while to see any change.It really could be the product or it could be that your hair isn't moisturized enough. Also, when is the last time you clarified you hair?

Yes i shampooed deep condition...then i put in a small amount of creamy leave in then rollersetted with water ... then let it dry than clipped my hair up piece by piece to blwo dry the roots.. Now i remember i put the profective in afterwards with the serum because it was so frizzy and dry.. not before... so i guess its something i did before hand... i gotta figure htis out..

oh let me add i didnt deep conditioned.. i just did a quick one with suave coconut and i had a peppermint rinse i used as well... do u think not using a dc had anything to do with it.

Back