L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo

EmeraldSky

L\'anza Protein Plus Shampoo

<font color="purple"> I just purchased the original formula of this without the SLS, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the new formula? Is it drying? Sooner or later I imagine they are going to phase out the original formul so I'm trying to figure whether it'll be worth it to even purchase the new formula. Also if anyone is interested you can email L'anza at [email protected] to complain about the change in the ingredients, perhaps they'll change the formula back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone! </font>

Re: L\'anza Protein Plus Shampoo

Once I found out the formula had been changed, I stocked up on the old formula. I really like this shampoo, and now I have enough to last me for quite some time. So, I won't have to worry about purchasing any shampoo any time soon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some people don't have a problem with shampoos containing sls drying out their hair. I have relaxed hair, and I figured it would be best for me to stay away from it as much as possible.

Please let us know how the new formula works out for your hair.

Thanks Emeraldsky for that link. I just forwarded my complaint. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IS this the same shampoo that says L'anza Curls and Color hair repair formula protein plus shampoo"?

If so, they have the old one at Ricky's on 8th Street for 50% off. I don't know if I'll like it, but I bought a 10.1 fluid ounce bottle for $5. They had bigger sizes as well and other products from L'anza's line but that was the only thing that I was semi-interested in.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
IS this the same shampoo that says L'anza Curls and Color hair repair formula protein plus shampoo"?

If so, they have the old one at Ricky's on 8th Street for 50% off. I don't know if I'll like it, but I bought a 10.1 fluid ounce bottle for $5. They had bigger sizes as well and other products from L'anza's line but that was the only thing that I was semi-interested in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeap.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
EmeraldSky said:
<font color="purple"> I just purchased the original formula of this without the SLS, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the new formula? Is it drying? Sooner or later I imagine they are going to phase out the original formul so I'm trying to figure whether it'll be worth it to even purchase the new formula. Also if anyone is interested you can email L'anza at [email protected] to complain about the change in the ingredients, perhaps they'll change the formula back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Emeraldsky. I just sent them an email regarding this also.

Hi Emeraldsky,

I have used Lanza's Protein Plus shampoo (the sky blue bottle, original formula w/o SLS) for years now and love it.

Tracy was the one who got me investigating into whether they'd really added SLS to an updated version as she used one and she said her hair felt 'different', just not the same. Upon checking the ingredients she noticed that it had SLS in it! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Since knowing that Lanza re-packaged the bottle and added SLS, I stocked up on the old/original version as I too like Allandra, prefer to avoid hair products with SLS which I understand are generally more drying to the hair on many people.

Personally, I'd rather stick with what I know and love which is the original formula with quality ingredients that didn't introduce SLS. The original formula has a coconut surfuctant (moisturizer, excuse my crap spelling I think), where the new one has SLS in its place.

<font color="purple"> Brownrelaxedhair,

You're right, I would rather stick with the original too. I hope that they change their minds and return to the original formula because I'm not looking forward to running out even if it's a while from now. I've already emailed them with my concerns. /images/graemlins/arguing.gif
Also thanks to everyone especially Brownrelaxedhair and Tracy who raved about L'anza products, I can't wait to try my new protein shampoo and re balance leave in! </font>

Back