Lady Velvet...too "strong"??

happyyogi

Hello ladies! Yesterday I was in JCPenny's to purchase a conditioner. As I was looking, this guy (a hairdresser) came up and asked my sister and I if we needed any help. To make a long story short...he gave me a few tips and then asked what relaxer did I use. I told him LV. He said that b/c my hair is "fine ?" that I don't need to use that relaxer b/c it's too strong. I go to this lady who has been doing my relaxer (ONLY) for many years. I was wondering what do you all think? Should I buy another relaxer and take it to her to apply to my hair? I don't know the difference with the relaxers, so I don't know what will and will not work. Could you all give me a lil help? Thanks a bunch! He also said that everybody can't use the same type of relaxers. He metioned Mizani should work well....

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But, my hair isn't as "healthy/strong" as I would like it to be. I can only put a little to none hair spray (oil) on my hair without it weighing it down really bad. If I want a lot of body I must stay away from any oil! I was wondering if that is affecting it???

happyyogi said:
Hello ladies! Yesterday I was in JCPenny's to purchase a conditioner. As I was looking, this guy (a hairdresser) came up and asked my sister and I if we needed any help. To make a long story short...he gave me a few tips and then asked what relaxer did I use. I told him LV. He said that b/c my hair is "fine ?" that I don't need to use that relaxer b/c it's too strong. I go to this lady who has been doing my relaxer (ONLY) for many years. I was wondering what do you all think? Should I buy another relaxer and take it to her to apply to my hair? I don't know the difference with the relaxers, so I don't know what will and will not work. Could you all give me a lil help? Thanks a bunch! He also said that everybody can't use the same type of relaxers. He metioned Mizani should work well....
I used Lady Velvet for years and never had a problem with it!

I agree with pbe. Do YOU think your relaxer is too strong? Hair dressers say a LOT of things that aren't true for everybody. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

If you feel that your hair is thriving with this relaxer I would say don't change. However, if you want to change because you feel that the relaxer could be "causing" your lack of body than by all means do change. I wonder why he told you that your relaxer was too strong? I mean, I could see if you were patronizing them for getting your hair done, but you were just purchasing a conditioner. Maybe he thought he was being helpful. I would say seriously think about it and weigh the pros and cons of switching.

I'm glad you posted this because I purchased LV back a few months ago and its still sitting unopened on my bathroom shelf. I've never used it and my hair is of a fine texture. I believe I bought regular strength.

LV regular has been used in my hair since `00. It's fine for my hair, but mine is coarse.

It has the time on the back of the jar for fine hair as well. As long as you are apply it within the specifications, you shouldn't have any problems.

My hair responds well to it.

Back