Ladies with relaxers... I need help

miss Congeniality

My mom is in her 50's and her hair is breaking off a lot. I think she is overprocessing it. She colors to keep her grays away and she has a relaxer. Her stylist isn't worth a pot to piss in. She doesn't like to do her hair herself. I finally talked her into doing pin curls. Can you please recommend products to use? She has shoulder length hair, too short for a bun. Are there any other protective styles?

have her try flexi rod sets! for her hair length, the orange or blue rods would work well. she could wear her hair in curly spiral sets.

what does she use to color her grays with? talk her into using semi permanent color rinses instead of out of the box permanent color. ane convince her to stretch her relaxers to at least 8 weeks inbetween.

i definitely agree with the semi-permanent color suggestion. Permanent color + relaxer = MAJOR breakage, at least for me. But semi/demi color (or rinses) achieve the same effect with no damage whatsoever. Results don't last as long, but you can use them more often without the threat of breakage.

HTH! :)

Back