Ladies with neck length hair, how do you bun

meka

Im wanting to start bunning my hair to keep my ends up until I can get it braided. I would like to know how ladies with hair about the same length as myself do it. My hair is about neck length in the back and about chin length in the front.

Also, if I do this, how can I keep my hair from breaking and how do I keep my edges slicked back? Thanks

I've been rocking a natural bun for the week so far. I co-wash daily, spray a leave-in moisturizer in my hair, detangle, brush with a boar bristle into a ponytail, and tuck my loose hair in underneath.

I then place my satin scarf on to make it smoother (i keep it on until i get to work).

If i want a more curly look, I use fantasia ic gel and pull out some strands here and there.

I make a bun out of synthetic braiding hair. I cornrow the top half of my hair to reduce some tension and also because this hair doesn't always reach my ponytail! There is a pic of my bun in my avatar and also in my fotki under December 08.

I used a phony pony until my hair was long enough. It fooled a lot of people who asked how long it took me to get my hair to that length.

I took some silky braiding hair and wrapped a ponytail holder around the middle of it. I then attached another ponytail holder to that one and used it to secure a ponytail of my real hair. So I had my real ponytail hanging over the fake hair. I braided the two together and then wrapped that braid into a nice bun. But....I had to stop doing that because I realized that wearing any type of ponytail holder will break my hair. If your hair is thick and strong it should work for you.
I also ordered a fake bun online. If they had sent me the right dang color I'd be wearing it right now.
So for now I am french twisting it.

Back