LADIES WITH NATURAL HAIR

Chemetria

Hey Ladies I need some help I need some products that are going to defined my curls my hair is getting longer and I am starting to see my curl pattren YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so any help that would be great it could be whole product lines with Shampoo Conditioner etc you know something that is good for your hair but also makes it look pretty

I don't have any recommendations, but I wanted to tell you that your hair sure does look nice in your siggy pic. Wow. :up:

To defined my curls I wet my hair with water, apply some IC moisturizuring gel (the green one, with aloe in it) and seal with coconut oil...This is helping to show my defined curls...

Now when it gets longer, I may have to change products...

I'm not completely natural yet (I'm 8 months into my transistion) but, a few days ago someone suggested to another natural the Cantu Shea butter leave-in cream.

I went out and bought some that same day and my new growth is soooo soft, manageable and my waves are very defined:spinning:. I love this product! I can't wait to use it when I'm all natural.:love:

Your hair looks beautiful! I've been natural for 5 years and I don't have a special shampoo or conditioner I use, I just use whatever is cheap, but two things that are a staple for my hair is Long Aid curl activator gel, which never gives me white flakes and keeps my hair moisturized,(I get this from WalMart), and Biotera moisturizing leave-in conditioner, this gets rid of my frizzies. HTH.

I will post a picture as soon as I learn how. I'm natural with shoulder length hair. I haven't had a relaxer in 15 years....my daughter hasn't had one in 11 years. We both wear our hair in ringlet curls.

This will sound crazy, but here goes.

Shampoo- Bed Head (Dumb Blond)
Conditioner- Bed Head (Dumb Blond)
These products are for folks that have dry processed hair....like bleached blondes.

Out of shower and I apply Paul Mitchell (leave in conditioner) and dime/quarter size of Bed Head (Control Freak) to control frizz--don't over do it!

I've worn my hair as such for 5 years. Truthfully, now it's a bit dry because of a bad coloring--hairdresser had to "correct" it three times. I'm now rollersetting my natural hair on red/orange magnetic rollers and it's coming our great. I use Keracare foaming setting lotion for this. Hair stays very curly for two weeks, I pull hair into a high ponytail for sleeping . As of yesterday, have added a creme style hair dress to the ends. Need to get on a maintenance program to help combat lack of moisture though.

My recommendation is do the curly ringlet style...just don't wash your hair 5 times a week for 5 years like I did!

Last edited:
That cantu stuff is great! I have it waiting for me when my transition gets to the 6 month and beyond mark.

Thank You Ladies Feb 09,2008 I will Be six months natural I would have never thought I would make it this far I still have a ways to go but i am so happy to see what is to come because the longer my hair gets the happier I get

qhemet biologics alma and olive heavy cream works great.

also, ic moisturizing gel is good but it leaves your hair hard if you don't seal it with some kind of oil.

also, ms. jessie's curly pudding has been good for some, although i've never used it.

Back