ladies wit 3-4'' long hair

ngaa

ladies wit 3-4\'\' long hair

i'm very frustrated wit my hair rite now and decided to start a thread for ladies wit 3-4 inch hair to post so we cud help keep each other motivated...i'm a natural whose hair is 3-4 inches and am definatly in the 365 day challenge and luvhair's new hair growout challenge. i'm currently usin braids to grow my hair out and am hopin to be able to put my hair in a bun by the end of the hair...my vits are in my signature and some of my mini-goals....what are your regiments, vitamin intake and goals ?? what produts do u use and what styles do u wear on a day to day basis?? plix reply

Re: ladies wit 3-4\'\' long hair

Hi ngaa, that’d be me, I’m right at 3-4 inches. For the first two months (late Jan to late March of 2003) I simply wore my hair loose, however, it came out. I wash, condition and that was it. As it got longer I was able to braid it at night, take them down in the morning and my hair would be soft and curly all throughout the day. Now, last week, I put extension braids in and I’m loving them. I only used 2 packs of hair and they are so light. I’ll be keeping them for two months on and 1 month off conditioning with bbd stretch for the 1 one month off. I’m going to do this for about 2 years continuing until April 2005. My hair will probably be to my butt by then, I hear stretch is an amazing product but I haven’t used it yet. That’s my plan.

thanks for sharing luvable lady...thats what i'm doing as well, i jus recently took down my micros which had been in for 8weeks and had cornrows done and am goin to continue braiding my hair for the next two yrs with breaks in between
smile.gif
what is your braid regiment?? what vitamins are you currently takin? how much growth are you receiving a month? are you natural or relaxed? what products do u use daily and how often do u wash your hair?? sorry for all the questions but since my hair's 'away' and i cant play with it or measure it every 2 mins no more i'm focussing all my energy on bettering my regiment

I am not sure if I would qualify as having hair 3-4", I have never measured before, I do know one thing my hair is short, it comes about to my chin amd the front is a little over my eyebrows.

I am also on luvhair's new hair growout challenge as well, my goal is to have healthy, thick, shoulder length hair.

My current routine is to wash my hair every three days, I use Nexxus products, but they are almost gone so I will be using up what I have left (I am a bad PJ too
mad.gif
) I rollerset my hair after it has been washed and conditioned.

The vitamins I take are:
Womens One a day, an iron pill, a B-vitamin, 1000mg pantothenic acid, and 3mg of biotin.

This is about it, I am hoping to reach my goal length I am not sure when that will be though, but I need all the motivation I can get, oh yeah one more thing too my hair is relaxed.
smile.gif

good luck on the hair growout challenge coz i kno i'll need all the luck i can get to stop me from buyin anything
look.gif

how much growth are you currently getting with the vitamins you're taking??

I just started taking my vitamins consistently on April 16th, I remember because that was when I had my relaxer touchup..I am hoping within three months I can really tell if the vitamins are helping with thickness and overall growth.
grin.gif

How long have you been on your vitamin regimen? do you notice a lot of growth and thickness so far?

i've been on the vit regiment sinc the day i cut my hair which shoudl be on my signature and since starting them i have definatly started gettin improved hair growth and strength as well and my hair is definatly less kinkier than usual and as a result i'm thinkin of upin my dosage of biotin to 10mg for more growth
blush.gif
can u say greedy or what??

Hi Ngga,

I'm a natural 4A/4B (I think...). I made "the cut" in early January, and I currently have 3-4 inches of unstretched natural hair.

Until now, I would usually rinse my hair everyday, add s-curl, and just wear an afro with a headband. At night, I would oil my scalp with Parnevu T-Tree Scalp Oil and put Always Oil Moisurizer OR 911 Leave-in on my hair. Although the afro was my regular style, I would also wear twists and twistouts. Every one to two weeks, I wash my hair with Aubrey Organics' White Camelia and Jasmine Shampoo or Island Naturals Shampoo and condition with Island Naturals Creme Rinse and GPB.

After reading Den1's hair regime, I decided that I'm going to start keeping my hair braided for most of the time in order to grow out my hair. I will wear extensions for about 2 months and have a 2 week-1 month rest period full of extensive conditioning and wearing twists, twistouts, and curly afros.

I think I'm going to set my 365 day challenge date for June 1st. My vitamin regime is 5mg of biotin, 1500mg of MSM, and Country Life's Maxi Hair vitamins. In order to maximize growth, I also plan on exercising at least 3 times a week and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Hopefully my June 1st of next year, I will have attained 6 more inches of STRETCHED natural hair. (probably 3 inches unstretched).

-EBONY

den's braids regiment is similar to mine coz i'm doin the same too but bcoz of school am only havin 1 week in between braids to deep condition the hair...i play 1hr of basket ball every day and get thirsty which helps me to stimulate hair growth bcoz of circulation and also helps me drink more water
grin.gif

how much growth do u get a month bcoz of the vitamins and how long have u been takin them??

My hair is right about 3 - 4 inches long except for the middle where is it longer. My last retouch was 12 weeks ago. I currently have braids which I plan to keep in for 2 months, and then out for 2 months for at least a year. I will decide at that time if I want to wear them longer. With the braids, I plan to wash my hair every 7 days. Without the braids, I wash every 5 days. I do a hot oil treatment each time because I have dry skin and a very dry scalp/hair, (Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil) and if I use shampoo, I have just been using Ultra Sheen Moisture Rich/Vitamin Enriched shampoo. I lather only once. I am looking for a new shampoo and I am open to suggestions. If I do a CO wash, I have used cholesterol, Mane and Tale or Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioners. Remember I am brand new to this. I use the Hair Mayo for protein. I spray on s-curl, Aphogee Reconstructer, and Motions Nourish leave in. Sometimes I let my hair dry all the way under a hooded dryer or I may let it dry about 85%. (I wrap it.) Daily, I spray on Motions and I put the herbal oil on my ends regularly. So far with my braids, I have been spraying water all over my head 2 or 3 times a day and I spray braid spray on the braids twice a day. I may spray a little Nourish on once a day. Wow. It really sounds like I am overdoing it. Am I?

My relaxed hair is now 1/16 of an inch to maybe 3 inches in some places. I am growing out a cut that I got in February or March. My last touch up was March 12th. I plan to retouch at the end of July (20 weeks). Since my hair is so short, I do not trust anyone to touch it up right now because I know they will overlap.

Anyway, my regime is as follows:

1. Wash hair once a week w/ Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo and Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.

2. After weekly washing, I condition alternatively with Keracare Humecto, Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor, and/or Keracare Super Reconstructor (w/or w/o heat).

3. Towel blot and apply a mixture of ORS Carrot Oil and Keracare Leave In Conditioner to damp hair (I mix two in my palm). Sit under the dryer (no cap) about 15 minutes to let it penetrate.

4. I apply a little more ORS Carrot Oil to scalp and hair and comb hair back. I cover with silky scarf.

5. I now wear wigs and/or headwraps during the work day. I wear my hair uncovered or with my silky scarf at home. This way, I do not need to really disturb my hair. I hope to be able to do this until my next retouch.

6. I apply ORS Carrot Oil to my hair during the week as needed.

My goal is to get my hair all one length. I've never had hair this short, so I don't know how long it will take. I just want to maintain its health while I try to grow it.

I did the BIG CHOP December 2002
My routine to grow my Napptural Hair Long is
I wash my hair once a week. (with Growth Braids)
HotOilTreatment>Steamer/Wash/Condition/StrengthnerSpray/MoisurizingSpray

Every three days (without Growth Braids)
Wash/ConditionRinse/Deep Condition with Steamer>Cold Rinse/Moisturize
and I use moisturizing products.
*ONLY TRIM WHEN NEEDED

From one NAPPtural to another...

Napptural Healthy Long Hair .........Let's Grow together

The SIX steps to longer, stronger, healthy hair:
1. Shampoo Properly!An important beginning is to shampoo your hair least once a week to keep hair free of dirt and grease.
2. Condition weekly.Immediately following your shampoo.
3. Moisturize dailyMoisturizing correctly is your most important step. Long, strong healthy hair depends on it.
4. Care for your Scalp. Proper scalp care can lead to a beautiful and healthier head of hair.
5. Eat a balanced diet!Indispensable to the life and health of your hair is your blood stream. Your hair will grow long and strong if your blood can properly nourish it. Your hair will become weak if it is inadequately nourished.
6. Avoid Hair Damage. Don’t make the common mistakes that ruin your hair.

~Napptural~
I got my individuals braids in April 8 and took them out last week and now have interlocks. I will be using braids to grow my hair long. After that I will be henning my hair and using Lotus Powder for condition and using EveryDay Herbal Hair Oil
Our newly developed and proprietary Ayurvedic recipe combines 11 herbal oils to protect, soothe and strengthen both your hair and scalp. This intensive and revitalizing treatment is great for all hair types. But it was specifically developed to be particularly effective at improving the health and condition of dry/damaged and brittle hair. Promotes hair growth and hair retention. For strong and lustrous shiny and soft hair, massage into the scalp weekly and/or use as a hot oil treatment.

After Braids.....
EveryDay Herbal Shampoo & Conditioning Powder(shampoo/conditioner wash) and Lotus Powder Plus(deep conditioner) Every Three Days
**After every wash I will condition with steamer.
100%Henna Treatment with steamer (Monthly)
EveryDay Hair Growth Oil (Daily) (Hot Oil Treatment once a week with steamer)

The vitimin I take is chewable Flintstones Multivitamin
Products I use with Braids in..
EveryDay Herbal Hair Oil/Creme of Nature/Infusium 23/Sta-Sof-Fro

Ngga,

I've only been taking vitamins for a couple months. Before vitamins I was getting 1/3-1/2 in a month. Hopefully the vitamins and excerise will increase the growth rate to 3/4 or 1 in. I'll give an update in my profile

-EBONY

stacy sounds lik u have a really good hair care regiment, good luck on yo quest for healthier hair

napptural, how long do u intend to keep yo interlocks in for?? whats the difference between normal braids and interlocks?? the products u use are very similar to mine except that i use a whole lotta s curl
grin.gif

good luck on yo natural hair journey

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
EbonyEyes said:
Ngga,

I've only been taking vitamins for a couple months. Before vitamins I was getting 1/3-1/2 in a month. Hopefully the vitamins and excerise will increase the growth rate to 3/4 or 1 in. I'll give an update in my profile

-EBONY

[/ QUOTE ]

pliz keep us posted on the growth that u'll be gettin wit the vits

Hi everyone,
This is a great thread. I just cut my hair off this month. I love my short cut but, I miss my long hair. Right now I am growing it out again. My hair is 4" in the back nape area, 5" on the sides, and 6" in the top. My hair is also color treated. Here is my hair care routine.

Vitamins - My own Bargello routine
Womens Ultra Mega 2 capsules a day.
GNC ultra nourish hair 2 capsules
I also take the following suppliments but I cannot remember the amounts right now - will post later.
Biotin
MSM
Evening Prime Rose
Flax seed

Shampoo &amp; Condition once a week
Weekly Creme of Nature extra moist
Extra cleansing - Paul Mitchell Tea Tree
Instant Conditioner - Pantene Hydrating Curls
Deep Conditioner - ORS Hair Mayo
Every day moisturizer - ORS Olive Oil, Elasta Mango Butter
Styling products - Hindu Sheen, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, Paul Mitchell Gel (with green apple on it)

I love my new cut, but I MISS MY HAIR!!!

lol i kno wot u mean fashion slave coz i miss puttin my hair up in a bun as well or havin weaves done wit my hair left out in front so that it looks real
frown.gif
then to top it all up, i saw some bulbs today in my hairline and that really p___d me off coz my hair in my hairline had broken off and was only startin to grow and is now being broken off by these stupid cornrows
mad.gif

Hey Ngga,

I'm new to the board but I did post something on another thread a few days ago about my hair cut back in Dec. '02 that I copied and pasted below:

"I'm new to this board but I am a member of another hair board and when I started out over there (Sept. 2002), my hair was very damaged, underprocessed, uneven...you name it. I finally chopped it off to about earlength. I have a hair journal that you all can view that explains it better. BTW, this is a great board! I should have joined this board months ago!"

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=spicee1t

If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with the following information:

Log-in ID: spicee1t
Guest Password: hair

hi ngga!
smile.gif
i think i'm in your boat. i'm not sure of the exact length of my hair but (nbot sire where i start measuing at
blush.gif
hwell:) it is about chin length. i'm doing the hair challenge but it's a lot of work. i never really realized how much work hair can be. but i want that growth so i work at it
grin.gif
. i'm not really using any vtamins except these bootleg one-a-days and i'm drinkin' water. i plan to keep my hair in braids all summer to but right now i got my little afro.and i'm swearing off the hot comb at least till sept. NO HEAT AT ALL!!! i wish i could give some advice but to be honest i'm hear to get it. but you need moral support i got you!lol
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

Back