Ladies why is my hair feeling hard?

SouthernBeauty

Today I wanted to blow dry my hair. I havent used heat since the beginning of April. When I did my hair turned out kinda dry and hard! :nono: This is what I did

1st I washed with ORS Aloe shampoo.
2nd I did a 2 minute Aphogee Reconstructor for 4 minutes.
3rd I deep conditioned with ORS and Infusium Moisturologie (because by then I realized I ran out of NTM deep conditioner) with heat for 45min.
Next I used the Keratin Green Tea and John Frieda heat protectant.
Then I blow dryed my hair!

Ladies what did I do wrong?!

Last edited:
That's a lot of reconstructing products. Why use so many? And all at once?

Try just using a soft moisturizing deep conditioner without protein and see if your hair feels any different.

I agree with the previous posters. I think you may be using too much protein: Aphogee Reconstructor + Infusium Moisturologie + Keratin Green Tea.

Thanks ladies! I thought using the Keratin Green Tea and the heat protectant was gonna be some extra guard for the heat!:spinning: I also thought the Infusium Moisturologie conditioner was moisturizing. Well back to the drawing board.

Sounds like too much protein. I just experienced the same thing. Wash with a moisturizing shampoo and DC with a moisture-rich protein free conditioner and you should be okay.

When using heat (especially blow dryers) I think it's best to use uber moisturizing products because direct heat will zap it out of your hair in an instant

Also use a leave in with cetrimonium chloride. When it comes in contact with heat, it penetrates your hair to help.... I'm having a brain fart :dizzy: It either helps heal your hair or it helps moisturize your hair :)

Thanks ladies! I am going to baggy with Evoo and Aussie moist and start over. I am not even going to worry about blow drying for now!:nono:

When using heat (especially blow dryers) I think it's best to use uber moisturizing products because direct heat will zap it out of your hair in an instant

Also use a leave in with cetrimonium chloride. When it comes in contact with heat, it penetrates your hair to help.... I'm having a brain fart :dizzy: It either helps heal your hair or it helps moisturize your hair :)

What product(s) have this ingredient?

I'm suprised no one said this. Blow drying dries my hair out badly especially if I use a high setting. Maybe you can try using a low temp.

Thanks for the tip Tiffers. What are products that have centimonium chloride?

The only leave in I can think of at the moment that contains cetrimonium chloride is Salerm 21. There are plenty others, but my brain just doesn't wanna function today :drunk:

The only leave in I can think of at the moment that contains cetrimonium chloride is Salerm 21. There are plenty others, but my brain just doesn't wanna function today :drunk:

How safe is this in quantities where it is actually effective? It use to not be considered safe, but maybe things have changed...just wondering.

I would recommend Satinwear 02 by Redken.

It does sound like too much protein and not enough moisture is the culprit.

Back