Ladies who wear twists...relaxed and natural..

IMFOCSD

How do you keep your ends from unraveling? I have discovered that I LOVE wearing my hair in two-strand flat twists and I put between 2-4 beads on the ends to keep them from unraveling. I want to try a way without using beads on the ends.

I tried doing a search but nothing came up about this particular topic. If anyone could give advice, suggestions and/or links I would greatly appreciate it. I am texlaxed but my ends are more straight then the rest of my hair. TIA :)

If you are natural, you can coil the ends by twirling them around your fingers a few times. When I was relaxed unless I rolled the ends around perm rods, they didn't last very long.

Last edited:
If you are natural, you can coil the ends by twirling them around your fingers a few times.

This is what I do; I also like to use an oil or butter on the ends during the week. My ends still unravel, but not to the point where the whole twist comes loose.

Using a butter to twist helps them hold, as well as rolling the ends on perm rods and also braiding the last inch or two worked well.

Someone in a thread, I don't remember which one, said they used one of the edge control pomades which helped hold the hair very well.

Thanks everyone :)

I am going to try all of the suggestions. I may just stick to placing beads on the ends if nothing else works. I actually like the beads but I don't know how that will look on really small twists.

Back