Ladies who wear braids, I need advice.

Cocoa21

What's the best way to take care of micro's. I'm getting them this weekend and wanna keep them until the end of March. What's the best way to maintain them. I'm getting human hair, if it'll make a difference.

I'll check back later.

I have worn micro braids off and on for about 9 years, I have two pics of them in the photo gallaries, but I included one so you would at least think I knew what I was talking about. Lol

I would say get a braids cleansing spray for your scalp and clean you scalp with that and a cotton ball, as opposed to excessive washing.

When you wear it pulled back give the edges slack so that you lower the risk of breakage around the edges.

Also it would help to know if you got straight human braids or curlyhuman, because if you got curly human ones, you need to make extra sure you tie your hair up at night to reduce tangling.

That's all I can really think of. I hope you enjoy your braids.

Attachments

• brwn_2.jpg
    brwn_2.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 122
Good advice! I'm back with my curly braids they got me good growth pre-lhcf. I agree with not attempting washing with human hair extensions they detangle really easily and look messy (i'm doing everything on the C&G website aside from the weekly wash and conditioning) I opt for just the braid spray and Infusium daily and will just cleanse my scalp with a cotton ball and braid cleaner as suggested I only intend to leave them in a maximum of 6 or 7 weeks...

I have worn micro braids off and on for about 9 years, I have two pics of them in the photo gallaries, but I included one so you would at least think I knew what I was talking about. Lol

I would say get a braids cleansing spray for your scalp and clean you scalp with that and a cotton ball, as opposed to excessive washing.

When you wear it pulled back give the edges slack so that you lower the risk of breakage around the edges.

Also it would help to know if you got straight human braids or curlyhuman, because if you got curly human ones, you need to make extra sure you tie your hair up at night to reduce tangling.

That's all I can really think of. I hope you enjoy your braids.

Your pic is cute! =)

That was some pretty good advice, but the highlighted caught my attention. That sounds WAY EASIER than washing my whole head. Great tip! :yep:

Good advice! I'm back with my curly braids they got me good growth pre-lhcf. I agree with not attempting washing with human hair extensions they detangle really easily and look messy (i'm doing everything on the C&G website aside from the weekly wash and conditioning) I opt for just the braid spray and Infusium daily and will just cleanse my scalp with a cotton ball and braid cleaner as suggested I only intend to leave them in a maximum of 6 or 7 weeks...

So your using the cotton ball method too. I must admit that sounds so much easier than washing. Thanks for the heads up on the human hair. It gives me more of a reason to use the cotton ball method.

I've never heard of a braid cleaner. What brand do you use? I have heard that Seabreeze (??) can clean your scalp when you have braids or extensions.

Your pic is cute! =)

That was some pretty good advice, but the highlighted caught my attention. That sounds WAY EASIER than washing my whole head. Great tip! :yep:

Thanks, I looked and I have some braid spray left it is by African Royale BRX Braid & Extensions Spray on Shampoo. I am not sure if your into reading the backs of lablels and ingredients if so you might want to check that out and see if its best for you. HTH

first and foremost, protect your edges. every morning and night, apply a growth serum, like bt, mtg, or surge, on your edges to ensure that your hairline is strong and any pulling or tension will be minimized with faster new growth. this is very important. i have worn braids for years (about 10) and my edges are still in great shape.

Every 2 weeks, deep condition your braids (leave your scalp alone)

In between washings, use seabreeze, to clean your scalp.

Every single night, sleep with a scarf..or else your braids will looked jacked up in a matter of days.

Also, since your haid is braided, now owuld be a good time to do your mn mixes or bt treatments. i have always received tremendous growth with braids.

Thanks, I looked and I have some braid spray left it is by African Royale BRX Braid & Extensions Spray on Shampoo. I am not sure if your into reading the backs of lablels and ingredients if so you might want to check that out and see if its best for you. HTH

I don't read labels too much b/c I'm still learning what ingredients are considered good and bad so I'm asking for reccommendations right now.

After I get my hair braided I'll go to the shop hair shop and ask the clerks about African Royale. Thanks a bunch.

first and foremost, protect your edges. every morning and night, apply a growth serum, like bt, mtg, or surge, on your edges to ensure that your hairline is strong and any pulling or tension will be minimized with faster new growth. this is very important. i have worn braids for years (about 10) and my edges are still in great shape.

Every 2 weeks, deep condition your braids (leave your scalp alone)

In between washings, use seabreeze, to clean your scalp.

Every single night, sleep with a scarf..or else your braids will looked jacked up in a matter of days.

Also, since your haid is braided, now owuld be a good time to do your mn mixes or bt treatments. i have always received tremendous growth with braids.

Yeah, I'm doing the MN challenge so I plan on using it wit my braids too.

Thanks for the tips.

first thing!!!! dont pull too much on the front braids... that will have ur hair fallin like its raining. do styles that will keep less tension on the front braids. but to maintain them... wear a satin scarf on ur hair EVERY NIGHT!!! and when u wash them stand under the faucet, put shampoo on ur finger tips and focus on the scalp (rinsin will wash the shampoo from the roots to the ends), then stand under the faucet to wash it out. u dont want to wash braids, tracks, or wateva u bought like it is ur real hair. that will cause the hair to twist and turn till something gets loose or falls out. hope this helps hun

Back