Ladies Who WASH 'N GO.....

Karamelcutie

What do you do with your hair during the colder months? I have been doing the wash 'n go thing for 10 months now (yes I toughed it out last winter in Philly) but I need to find something else to do with my hair this winter. I normally wash 'n go every morning to get my curls poppin', but after Sept/Oct the weather will no longer allow this style. I don't really want to straighten it for 4 whole months because I'm concerned about straightening out my natural texture. And I'm kind of hesitant to try weaves or braids because I'm concerned about breakage. So any suggestions....

I live in Chicago and the winter months are pretty brutal so I try to wash early in the evening and then either corn row or flat twist so I can do a braid out. Hopefully it will dry before the morning.

I've been whole head baggying at night. When I wake up in the morning my hair is only slightly damp, and it dries in the hour or so before I leave the house.

I basically don't...lol. Winter is usually when I will twist my hair at night, baggy for moisture, and in the morning rock a twist out fro. In the winter I don't have to worry about my fro shrinking because of humidity.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people that always leave the house with wet hair and I lived in IL for most of my life. If you want to continue to wear the wash n gos, try diffusing it before you leave out or try some braid outs, twists, fros, pony puffs, puffs, bantu knots, spirals with rods, pincurls, flat twists, cornrows, finger coils, yarn twists, straw set, twist outs, braided or twisted pinups, fro hawks, etc...

I've been whole head baggying at night. When I wake up in the morning my hair is only slightly damp, and it dries in the hour or so before I leave the house.

Yeah, me too.

In cold weather, I wash at night then I put my hair in one big loose french braid and tie it down with a scarf. In the morning I rewet the ends as needed.

Last edited:
I live in NY so it gets brutal. Even if I wash the night before my hair is still soaking wet in the morning. So I tend to tie it down with a silk/satin scarf and throw on a hat until I get to work. This winter I may just do more rollersets

Back