Ladies who use flatirons - what temp.?

LoveLiLi

I have gone back to using a large barrel curling iron to straighten my hair because I think I was burning my hair with my flatiron. It goes up to 450 degrees, and when I tried it on 300 or below my hair was always puffy :ohwell: . However, anything above 300 felt too hot. I straighten my hair on 2 with my curling iron (it goes up to 10). I'm not sure how hot is too hot, so I need some advice on this one. Thanks :)

P.S. My hair is relaxed, but it's still big and puffy after I wash it.

Khalia27 said:
I have gone back to using a large barrel curling iron to straighten my hair because I think I was burning my hair with my flatiron. It goes up to 450 degrees, and when I tried it on 300 or below my hair was always puffy :ohwell: . However, anything above 300 felt too hot. I straighten my hair on 2 with my curling iron (it goes up to 10). I'm not sure how hot is too hot, so I need some advice on this one. Thanks :)

P.S. My hair is relaxed, but it's still big and puffy after I wash it.

450 degrees is about the temp of some flat irons too - so which is the better of the 2 evils?.....

Are you using any products before curling?

I use Aveda universal styling creme with both, but my hair is healthier looking w/ the curling iron. The ceramic flatiron gives my hair that 'light and bouncy' effect, but my ends look like they've taken a beating after awhile.

Back