Ladies who use EPRT (extensions Plus Relaxed Texture)

beana

I just received my order for the 12" EPRT in color 1B and I'm not happy.

The hair looks dry and the ends are so sparse on the wefts! I spent a lot of money on this hair and am less than pleased with the way it looks.

Is that dry, wiry feeling normal?

Also, do the ends looks like they need to be trimmed? Its 12" but only a few wispy ends touch 12", i would have to trim it 10" to get decent looking ends.

The only positive thing i can say about it is that its not shiny:yawn:

I just received my order for the 12" EPRT in color 1B and I'm not happy.

The hair looks dry and the ends are so sparse on the wefts! I spent a lot of money on this hair and am less than pleased with the way it looks.

Is that dry, wiry feeling normal?

Also, do the ends looks like they need to be trimmed? Its 12" but only a few wispy ends touch 12", i would have to trim it 10" to get decent looking ends.

The only positive thing i can say about it is that its not shiny:yawn:

it the hair hand tied or machine wefted? Hand tied hair usually looks a lil thin on a single weft... wait till your install is in before you make the thin call.

As for your other issues I hope past users of this hair will chime in....

PPGbubbles thanks for your response, its machine weft and It looks thin in the bundle. I usually razor comb for layers once installed, so maybe it wont look too bad once its in. Overall im not getting the EP hype though. I still have my first and favorite batch of Hairesthetics kinky straight hair and i leaning towards using this and returning the EP.

I would return it. EP is to expensive for that type of quality they mailed out to you. First i would complain then return it.

@PPGbubbles thanks for your response, its machine weft and It looks thin in the bundle. I usually razor comb for layers once installed, so maybe it wont look too bad once its in. Overall im not getting the EP hype though. I still have my first and favorite batch of Hairesthetics kinky straight hair and i leaning towards using this and returning the EP.

How as this hair and how was the quality? i wanted EP but I was not sure how much I would love it?
I would return it. EP is to expensive for that type of quality they mailed out to you. First i would complain then return it.

ITA! You paid alot, you should be satisfied.

Yes, I would agree to this ^^^. My new favorite brand is Indique and their relaxed texture is cheaper than EP I believe plus they give 2 extra inches...also a friend of mine wears Senghori Shells relaxed texture and it is very very nice as well!!!

^^^^My favorite brand is also Indique's Relaxed texture. Its the best. I never like how EPRT looks. It always looks dry IMO on most people and very course. I also hear that it puffs up in humidity. no thanks.

I forgot how to post pics. I want to show you the texture of it on my head so you can return that hair.

*Edit. I changed my avatar to me wearing Indique Relaxed texture. I use the hair over and over again.

Last edited:
Yes, I would agree to this ^^^. My new favorite brand is Indique and their relaxed texture is cheaper than EP I believe plus they give 2 extra inches...also a friend of mine wears Senghori Shells relaxed texture and it is very very nice as well!!!

Co-sign on this. I bought some of this hair a few months ago, and I LOVED it. I was natural at the time (type 4a/4b), and when I flat ironed my own hair it matched beautifully.

Thanks for all the great replies ladies!!!! I'm going to check out Indique and Shengori shells. I'm 8 months post 4a/b and using weaves as a transition style. I originally choose EPRT because people said it was kinda poofy but this hair looks DRY and looks like its in desperate need of conditioner.

Readyone Hairesthetics is hit or miss, but the texture and overall look is better than EP, IMO.

Maybe you should exchange it for the Silky Relaxed Texture. This is what I have been using and to me it is perfect match. I have heard that it is less coarse than the RT. It does not look thin or dry anyhow.

Co-sign on this. I bought some of this hair a few months ago, and I LOVED it. I was natural at the time (type 4a/4b), and when I flat ironed my own hair it matched beautifully.

Cosigning as well. I just bought Senghori Shells for my install tomorrow. I had som left from previosu installs, but cut it up trying to do a self-install. Anyways, IMO the hair is very good and without the puff of EP. I do like EP though, but to me the SS is still of great quality and half the price. This pic was a SS install...

Attachments

• Mel's Graduation 009.jpg
    Mel's Graduation 009.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 104
^^^^^ to Ediese's post

I'd have to agree. The hair I received from EP was definitely not thin or raggedy. I could tell it was high quality as soon as I saw and touched it. I would contact them and exchange it if you're set on using EP hair.

^^^^My favorite brand is also Indique's Relaxed texture. Its the best. I never like how EPRT looks. It always looks dry IMO on most people and very course. I also hear that it puffs up in humidity. no thanks.

I forgot how to post pics. I want to show you the texture of it on my head so you can return that hair.

*Edit. I changed my avatar to me wearing Indique Relaxed texture. I use the hair over and over again.

Dommo I don't see a pic of your hair in you avatar. I prob missed it. Do u mind sharing pics?

Back