Ladies who use Caruso Steam Rollers

CityGirl

Hello Ladies,

I'm about to purchase a set of Caruso's--finally. I'd like to hear from those of you who use them and like them, do you put anything like setting lotion or a leave in conditioner etc, on your hair first?

I've heard they take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it they're really wonderful. Please share.

Thanks
CityGirl

I purchase mines from sallys for 42.00 still dont know how to use it,

I know ur hair have to be dry as hell it didnt work for me so now i am stuck with mines lost the reciept to return it its been a yr who wanna buy mines.

bumping...

I loved the results when I had a weave, but I'm still on the fence about how they work on my hair.

I believe SerenityBreeze uses them regularly, and her hair always looks great.

Last edited:
I use the Caruso rollers. I mainly use them in the mornings, between weekly wet rollersets to freshen up the curl, rather than sleep in rollers. I don't use anything special except end papers to keep the spongey part from eating up my hair. And the set comes out beautifully every time.

sunshinebeautiful said:
I use the Caruso rollers. I mainly use them in the mornings, between weekly wet rollersets to freshen up the curl, rather than sleep in rollers. I don't use anything special except end papers to keep the spongey part from eating up my hair. And the set comes out beautifully every time.

Question: Wouldn't the paper eat up your hair too?

I use them. I also purchased mine from Sally's. I love 'em. The only product I use on my hair is a serum. My sets always come out really nice.

vivadiva85 said:
Question: Wouldn't the paper eat up your hair too?

Hey!

The end papers actually protect the hair from getting frizzy and "eaten"

msbrown76 said:
I believe SerenityBreeze uses them regularly, and her hair always looks great.

Thanks! Yes, I wear use them every day and I put a dab of mango butter on my strands the night before or if I put it on before I use the rollers, I make sure it dries first.

There are certian moisturizers that you cant use because it does not allow the steam to evaporate - S-Crul is one of them..

I get my Carusos from Sallys for $30. I pluralized it because I have repurchased Carusos for years after learning about it from the original 365 day challenge hair board.

I'd never go without them. They are safe to use daily and are easy. Just use water. I'm doing no heat right now so I wrap my hair after washing and conditioning, moisturize before bed and then get up in the morning. It literally takes me minutes before I get nice curls. Because my wet sets don't come out right, I Caruso in the morning to get better roller wrap results.

On non-hair wash days, I just wrap my hair (both sides toward back and cross ends and pin down) put on my bonnet and if I need some tweaking in the morning, I use a Caruso roller or two.

I don't use end papers and my ends come out smooth. I don't let my rollers get wet before rolling (just damp) and make sure my rollers are completely cool/dry before removing and sometimes, I will put some shea butter pomade on my finger tips and hit the ends as I finger-style my curls.

Loveable37, don't give up. Give it a few uses. It's quick, non-damaging and in my opinion worth it.

HELP!!! I pulled mine out of the drawer (in the plastic bag that it comes with) from about 11 months of nonuse and it took 4ever to heat up! It took so long I didn't even get to use them because I ran out of time.

I think I remember them heating rather quickly (like 2 minutes tops) How long does it take yours to heat up? maybe mine is broken now. :confused:

i use them and love it. One of the best LHFC recommendations (serenitybreeze).
I used it on my weave and put setting lotion in the water (container) it holds the curl pretty well and its quick.

my daughter also uses it sometimes in the morning for a quick curl in her ponytail.

We do not use papers and had no problems.

I still cannot get the hang of mine, but I'm thinking it will come in handy when my hair gets longer. It's in my closet now, but I'll try it again soon.

I'm using them and I like them as a heat free alternative. I will be using them tomorrow...will try to remember to post pics.

I love my caruso rollers. I don't even own a flat-iron or curling iron anymore. I only use water and end papers. If I don't use the end papers my ends won't be smooth and they'll tangle. I have to try not to let the rollers get too damp when I'm setting. I always feel like they're not 'steamy' enough even when they are.

I love mine. When I use it, I put some Aussie Hair Insurance in the water before it steams. I also put coconut oil the length of my hair, and use the end papers on the hair tips. My hair comes out beautifully!

Is there any possible way to damage the hair with these rollers if you don't know what you're doing OR are these rollers pretty foolproof? Just checking before I buy them and goof up and jack my hair up b/c of being a newbie.

Back