Ladies Who Stretch: Low Mani Products

spellinto

What products do you ladies use on your low manipulation styles (braidouts, flexi rod sets, twist outs, roller sets, etc.) during your stretch? How do you prevent your hair and new growth from getting poofy and/or frizzy throughout the day?

Diluted SCurl gives great moisture and cowashing with Tresemme nourishing moisture conditioner gives great slip.

Cowash with an oil/tea/coffee and 'coconut milk' rinse... the coconut milk especially really softens my ng during a cowash with AOHSR.

I have been having alot of success with Alafadia(sp) beautiful curls leave-in conditioner. I'm still working on finding a good natural DC. Also, staying on top of my reggie def works. I try not to go too long w/o washing/cowashing my hair. I also try not to let my hair get too dry in between washes. ACV and AVJ is also good.

I pretty much use the same products no matter how many weeks post I am, just tend to be more heavy handed towards the end. The one product that really helps is Creme of Nature Perfect Edges. A little goes a long way and combined with a satin scarf it keeps my edges smooth and sleek. As long as my edges are laid, the rest of my hair can poof as much as it wants to :p

Anything water based or ceramide based helps me.

Water based stuff like DB Daily leave-in keeps my hair moist.

Ceramide infused SD Wheat Germ Butter keeps my hair from breaking the most.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Back