Ladies who seal with oil.

tatambabyy

I've been sealing my hair with jojoba oil. But it was a cheap little bottle for 1.99. I see some ladies pay a bit much for oils. Is there a difference between the ones that are cheap, or they both do the same job? I see oil as oil, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, has anyone tried wild growth hair oil. I was thinking of purchasing this.
thanks!

i think jojoba oil is a pretty good oil.

anyone can feel free to chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.

Also i purchased wild growth oil, and i like it, it makes my hair feel soft. I don't think it's made my hair grow, but a lot of people say the oils that's in it you could get a bigger quantity for way cheaper and just mix your own.

I like WGHO I use it to seal or lighty go over my scalp with it. I dont use it for growth, but the ingrediants are good for the hair and scalp.

I've only been at this since June, but I use all natural or unrefined oils like Coconut, almond, EVOO. I buy the coconut and almond oils from the Middle East store and get the EVOO from my kitchen that I also use to cook with :grin:. I paid about $6.00-$8.00 for them.

As far as WGO, I use the light oil moisturizer. In fact, I just finished applying it to my head :yep:. I'm impressed with the ingredients. I just started using it last month after a relaxer, and have noticed much more thickness than I ever have (post relaxer).

I like WGHO I use it to seal or lighty go over my scalp with it. I dont use it for growth, but the ingrediants are good for the hair and scalp.

same here, actually i switch it up from time to time. coconut oil is also pretty good as well, but i think it really depends on what your hair likes (whether its cheap or expensive).

I go with unrefined coconut oil from wholefoods. Not because it's expensive, but because it's the first coconut oil I tried and I liked it so much, I just keep getting it. Why fix if it isn't broke?

my jojoba oil was about $8 at the vitamin shoppe. is yours pure? if so where did you get it?

i also use coconut oil. i cant believe i slept on this stuff! i used EVOO and castor oil when i first started out but they are wayyyy heavier than coconut oil.

I use pure coconut oil to rollerset because it makes my hair easier to flatiron and protects it from heat. I also add it to my deep conditioners.

I use olive oil as a hot oil treatment before co-washing. I also mix EVOO with sugar as a facial scrub.

I am now using castor on my ends after if I wash, ponytail and braid.

I only used jojoba oil once and liked it.

I like coconut oil but as the weather cools off it's getting to be a pain because it solidifies. I usually seal my ends with JBCO.

my jojoba oil was about $8 at the vitamin shoppe. is yours pure? if so where did you get it?

i also use coconut oil. i cant believe i slept on this stuff! i used EVOO and castor oil when i first started out but they are wayyyy heavier than coconut oil.

My oil isn't pure, it actually has other oils in it. I can't recall which oils are in it, but I know there are at least three other oils in my jojoba oil. Maybe that's why it's so darn cheap:ohwell: I'm gonna go to the supermarket and try out the pure coconut oil. Hopefully I'll see a difference.

i use pure jojoba oil from a health food store. They sell only pure, organic products. I think its about $10.00 but it lasts for at least 6 months

I use jojoba oil that I purchased from GNC and I use it just about every night before I wrap or pincurl my hair. I use about a dime sized amount for my hair and it really softens my hair and adds a nice sheen. When my hair was short (and I mean SHORT) I used Organics Olive & Clove Oil Therapy, and my hair liked it a lot. I think I may start using it again soon.

If you're talking about those little bottles/tubes of oil in the BSS for cheap ($.99, $1.99), I'm convinced that they're not good to use. They don't even smell the same as pure/refined oils. I had a few of those. The last one I bought early into my journey was Grapeseed Oil...it wasn't right. It was thin and smelled like it had baby oil in it. After that, I only used EVOO, Castor and coconut that i find in a market or a healthfood store. No more BSS oil for me.

If you're talking about those little bottles/tubes of oil in the BSS for cheap ($.99, $1.99), I'm convinced that they're not good to use. They don't even smell the same as pure/refined oils. I had a few of those. The last one I bought early into my journey was Grapeseed Oil...it wasn't right. It was thin and smelled like it had baby oil in it. After that, I only used EVOO, Castor and coconut that i find in a market or a healthfood store. No more BSS oil for me.
Those small bottles of oil are not pure at all. Extra fragrance and very little of the oil that they are "supposed" to be.

Just a warning, the WGHO has a strong smell ^^;
I use coconut and castor oil. I originally used only coconut oil, and it is good. I kept hearing good things about castor oil, but wanted to keep using my coconut oil. Since I heard castor oil was really heavy, i mix my coconut oil and castor oil together in a small travel bottle and use that mixture to seal. It's heavy enough to work, but light enough for my fine strands so it's harder to get buildup.
I get 16 oz of each oil for about around 9-10 dollars.

Back