Ladies who roller set

The dominicains rollset my hair that way all the time and when I asked why, she said it dries faster. I'm a master at rollerstting my own hair the "regular" way and I've tried doing it in reverse but just can't get it right and it takes too long. . .

I usually roll the sides of my hair up (especially the ones around the ear area) . It creates more body. I wouldn't do it with small rollers though. Try it!

Neroli said:
The dominicains rollset my hair that way all the time and when I asked why, she said it dries faster. I'm a master at rollerstting my own hair the "regular" way and I've tried doing it in reverse but just can't get it right and it takes too long. . .

The domincan salon I went told me the same thing. But in all honesty I really didn't see a difference in terms of body or drying faster with rollersetting that way.

Neroli said:
It dries faster? That's the strangest thing I have ever heard. It's the same amount of hair, around the same size roller...simple physics dictates that it will take the same amount of time to dry.

However, to answer the question, I do my rollers either way, some under, some over and it's the same results. I get no more or less body; I can wrap my hair and have it fall under, pin-curl and get lots of curl...it really doesn't make a difference. UNLESS, you are specifically trying to go for a flipped up look directly after taking rollers out. (Hope that makes sense)

When I want a whimsical, bouncy and full look (sort of like my avatar) I set my hair in many different directions. When I want a basic roller wrap look, I roller set all my hair under :)

Back