Ladies who have thicken up their hair

1) What was your lenght when you decided to get thicker hair ?
2) Did you cut your hair or have you find a way to thicken up the lenhgt too?
3) What did you change in your routine/regimen?

Thank you in advance !!

Thank you in advance !!

My hair has always been naturally thick; BUT when I first started LHCF, I decided I was going to transition and unfortunately I was trying to do way too much at one time. I experience MAJOR shedding and ultimately thinning. So, I'm speaking from the stand point of finally getting my hair back on track to almost the thickness it was pre-LHCF.

Not really applicable since it was thick normally. My hair was a little past SL when I joined LHCF, so let's say it was SL when I experienced thinning and had to do some things to get back on track.

2) Did you cut your hair or have you find a way to thicken up the lenhgt too? No, I did not cut my hair per say. I have had trims over time. My hair has continued to grow (slowly but surely) while thickening.

3) What did you change in your routine/regimen? I personally had to stop with the manipulation. Conditioner washes, bagging, etc all didn't work well with MY hair. When I started doing just the bare minimum, things came back to where they should be. I did however start using MTG once a week and continued to take my multivitamin and biotin. Other than that, just shampooing/ deep conditioning once ever 5-10 days (depending on how dirty) and relying on rollersets, wraps, ponys, and buns. I actually just wear my hair how I feel like it and that seems to be working best for me.

Thank you in advance !!

Great question!! Girl, your avatar looks exactly like my hair last year when I did a major trim and got started with LHCF. I did a double take when I saw your pic!:grin: Here is mine from July 2006.
July 06 side.jpg

Last edited:
1) What was your lenght when you decided to get thicker hair? - BSL
2) Did you cut your hair or have you find a way to thicken up the length too? - I don't cut or trim so I just changed some things in my regimen
3) What did you change in your routine/regimen? - Basically I cut down on the manulipation and I started using castor oil (regular from WalMart) on my length only everyday. Castor Oil is great for thickening IMO.

It was about shoulder length.

I didn't cut my hair however I did cut down on heat and I wore styles that required little or no manipulation (i.e rollersets, bunning)
I adopted the following :

a) airdrying
b) bunning
c) co wasing
d) moisturizing ends and sealing with oil.

PS Castor oil will definetly thicken the hair. :yep: I used Black Castor Oil.

I actually recently decided to focus on the health and thickness of my hair versus length.

My hair is currently a little below the neck, not yet shoulder length. I had a minor setback when I let a friend relax my hair and now my strands are overprocessed. From doing some research and some trial and error, I came to this regimen:

NO HEAT, use steam and airdrying as an alternative. Instead of flat irons, I'm doing rollersets and Caruso Steam Rollersets.

Satin pillow cases and head wraps. I find that my regular scarves and pillow cases snag my hair.

Low manipulation

Black Castor Oil on length and scalp

It was about shoulder length.

I didn't cut my hair however I did cut down on heat and I wore styles that required little or no manipulation (i.e rollersets, bunning)
I adopted the following :

a) airdrying
b) bunning
c) co wasing
d) moisturizing ends and sealing with oil.

PS Castor oil will definetly thicken the hair. :yep: I used Black Castor Oil.

I have Jamaican Black Castor Oil from sams24.com. Its SUPER thick. How do you apply this w/o weighing your hair down? Do you apply it to your length or just your ends?

my lenght was SL when I joined LHCF. I trimmed maybe once, I am in the process of transitioning to natural so that might have a lot to do with it. Relaxers thin my hair out too much. My regiment includes JBCO, daily moisturizers, I also take Biotin with a B-Complex and combing is minimal for me so I'm not sure what brought about the thickness but it kinda of showed up. I am sooooo happy!

JBCO is great not on the scalp but the length of your hair. I use it to prepoo, part of my DC serum, sometimes part of my leave-in. What ever I do, I use it daily. This might help.

Back