Ladies who have long (brastrap or beyond) relaxed or texturized hair, in here please

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I just have some questions for you ladies:

Have you always had long relaxed hair?
What type of relaxer do you use? Are you satisfied with it?
How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time?
What's your favorite style?
How often do you trim?

Thanks!

nope, I transitioned and did a big chop and went natural and grew it back and I am now texturized

Affirm, I'm satisfied

How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time?
I try to when I can but most of the times I can't..I usually wear my hair down

a fresh blowout

How often do you trim? only when needed or when I'm shaping the ends

Have you always had long relaxed hair? It has always been at least shoulder length.
What type of relaxer do you use? Are you satisfied with it? Mizani Mild Lye--it's okay
How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time? Sometimes bun, airdried twist outs, and wrap styles
What's your favorite style? Dominican set (although it's damaging to me)
How often do you trim? Every four months

I am thinking about transitioning to natural, because my hair is in a grow-break cycle. I don't think I'll achieve more length if it keeps breaking. I have fragile strands anyway and the relaxer seems to make strands brittle once it gets over 1 year old. Or I may just cut all the straight ends off once and for all and lightly texturize it allover.

Nope. Its always been very thick but not always long.
What type of relaxer do you use? The last on I used was Mizani
Are you satisfied with it? I love it!
How do you wear your hair daily? Bun, braidout, tucked under ponytail, up in a clip.
Do you wear protective styles most of the time? Yup, 85% of the time.
What's your favorite style? A flexirod set
How often do you trim? As needed but not on a schedule
Thanks! Your welcome :)

sorry kind of off topic, but i don't see why this thread deserved one star, i happen to think this is a very good thread. :ohwell:

No

Design Essentials Lye, very satisfied

mostly protective styles (98-99%)

Roller Wrap or Pretty Rollerset on large rollers with curls finger combed

How often do you trim?

4-5 months

Re: Ladies who have long (brastrap or beyond) relaxed or texturized hair, in here ple

When my hair was relaxed, it was short in the beginning, but grew to my shoulders. I never could get it past that point before I cut my hair again!:lol: For some reason, I've always been scissor happy when I had relaxed hair.:ohwell:

MizaniMami said:
sorry kind of off topic, but i don't see why this thread deserved one star, i happen to think this is a very good thread. :ohwell:

Don't worry about that. Someone has been one starring my posts- I think they like me!

MizaniMami said:

Its a great thread especially for those of us trying to get to BSL. Great idea Bublin! :)

ETA: If you dont mind ladies, please state if the relaxers you use are Lye or No-Lye. Im to decide if I need to change.

Re: Ladies who have long (brastrap or beyond) relaxed or texturized hair, in here ple

Ummm bubblin'... normally I keep my nose out of people's decision ...with what they do with their hair... but DANGGONE GIRL... I hope you aren't considering relaxing... your hair is way to pretty-not saying it won't be if you relaxed... but it looks so good right now... perfect thickness and texture...

I got my hair relaxed when I was 12. Before then, my mom and my sister used to plait my natural hair. I'm now 20, and have decided to transition.

- I started off using Precise, but stopped because my hair was too dry. I don't know if it was because my hairdresser blew out my hair then used the curling iron, but either way I didn't like it. Before I stopped getting a relaxer in January I was using Creme of Nature for a few years. I really liked the way my hair came out using it.

-Right now I wear my hair in a bun or a ponytail tucked under if I need to wash my hair or cant really comb it. When I flat-iron the roots, I wear it out. After I wash I usually roller-set or do a braid-out.

-My favorite style is when my hair is partially curled--I guess after wrapping my hair after roller-setting it. Or, after getting a touch-up, I loved it when it was realllllyy straight. It was gorgeous--bouncy and really light.

How often do you trim?
-I always got my hair trimmed every time I went in for a touch-up which was every 2 or 3 months. Now, I'll try to stick to the same thing, but if I see I need a trim I'll do it myself.

Off topic: Bublnbrnsuga, are you planning to texturize or relax? Or have I already missed something?

Have you always had long relaxed hair? No, only for the last 2 years
What type of relaxer do you use? Are you satisfied with it? Phyto index 2, yes
How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time? in cornrows or a bun, i wear protective styles 95% of the time
What's your favorite style? braidout
How often do you trim? about once every 2 months

Great Thread 5 stars :-)

I'm taking notes.

Super_Hero_Girl said:
Off topic: Bublnbrnsuga, are you planning to texturize or relax? Or have I already missed something?

Oh, I am still natural, not planning to relax or texturize.

Great thread! :up:

No

I use Gentle Treatment and I'm satisfied.

I alternate my styles mostly between braided buns, braided updos, braidouts and French Twists.

I love all of the styles I mentioned - not just because they are protective but because they look good on me. I enjoy wearing them and I'm always open to learning new styles. I use my Caruso steam rollers regularly to add curls or a spiral here and there, mainly with my buns and updos.

How often do you trim?
Since I'm doing Cathy Howse's method, I don't trim.

Well not long but relaxed since I was around 14 years old. My hair was always waistlength before then. After relaxing it became shorter and shorter as a result of me having to chop off dry and damaged ends. By my late teens I couldn't maintain length beyond shoulder length. Now I'm finally to a point where it is passing bra-strap length without me having to cut inches of damaged hair off! :grin:
Thank you LHCF! :)

What type of relaxer do you use? Have been using Phyto Index 2 for about 1 year now and have noticed huge improvements!

Are you satisfied with it? YES!

How do you wear your hair daily? Usually air dry it and try to wear it out. On hot, humid days (live in Florida) it goes in a loose bun or ponytail. In the few monthes when its not humid I'll rollerset it.

How often do you trim?
Since my hair has improved, I now trim it every 4-5 monthes usually. It use to be much more frequent!

Last edited:

Hm, not this long, but a few inches shorter. Shoulder-length the shortest.

Motions lye relaxer. No, not satisfied. Lately it's been leaving my hair textlaxed in some parts.

Protective hairstyles just about all the time, except at home. I dont even use scrunchies, just out of pure laziness. Twist the hair, and secure it with a hairpin, all day, everyday...

I have no idea. I dont think my hair looks too cute most of the time... As long as my hair feels soft, that's what matters to me :lol:

How often do you trim?
I basically dust every 8 weeks. I changed that method for a while, and i just had to trim a little more than i wanted:ohwell:

DahomeyAhosi said:
Have you always had long relaxed hair? No, only for the last 2 years
What type of relaxer do you use? Are you satisfied with it? Phyto index 2, yes
How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time? in cornrows or a bun, i wear protective styles 95% of the time
What's your favorite style? braidout
How often do you trim? about once every 2 months

DahomeyAhosi...., your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!

--mostly shoulderlength

What type of relaxer do you use?
--Optimum no lye

Are you satisfied with it?
--yup

How do you wear your hair daily?
--always out and straight with a part down middle

Do you wear protective styles most of the time?
nope

-- dry bantu knot out or bone straight

How often do you trim?
--every 6 months

I've always had long hair, but not always relaxed.

What type of relaxer do you use?

Currently, Soft & Beautiful No-Lye... I've used a few others, but this is my favorite, thus far.

Are you satisfied with it?

Absolutely! I have no complaints, at all!

How do you wear your hair daily?

It varies! Usually, a bun or ponytail and sometimes, hanging down...

Do you wear protective styles most of the time?

Yes

It depends on my mood. I like wearing my hair in a variety of styles.

How often do you trim?

When needed! Lately, it's been too frequently b/c one side of my hair grows faster than the other and I've been trying to keep it even.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Oh, I am still natural, not planning to relax or texturize.

Whew! Relaxed girl over here, relieved that her natural inspiration remains her natural inspiration:lol:

Good thread. Beautiful hair, ladies!

I've always had a preety decent length of hair and I've been relaxed since I was 8 years old. For the last 5 or 6 years though it has been brastrap or armpit lenth. It got cut last summer much shorter than that but it's back to brastrap.

Now I use ORS Olive Oil Relaxer (Normal) and my hair loves it. No burns at all. I used to use SoftSheen Carson Optimum Breakfree Relaxer or Soft & Beautiful.

Usually twisted up into a bun. Once in a while I wear it down in curls. I'm finding now though I've been struggling with thinning edges and nape for several months and it's getting worse.

I actually love to see my hair down in curls.

How often do you trim?

Lately it's been every two months but I vow to trim more often.

Last edited:
Have you always had long relaxed hair?My hair grew easily to a bit past my shoulders that just stopped. I started deep cond, eating well, exercising and rollersetting and it grew like a weed
What type of relaxer do you use? Are you satisfied with it? I use Affirm now. Used Mizani but it was a bit harsh for me. Affirm is a tad gentler and my scalp doesnt burn as bad. I like Affirm:)
How do you wear your hair daily? Do you wear protective styles most of the time? I wear it down mostly, up in a ponytail to work out and up at home.
What's your favorite style? I like my hair down or twisted up in a butterfly clip
How often do you trim? I used to never trim but now I trim when i get a touch-up

Back